Saturday, 1/7/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Saturday, 1/7/17 report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

It was a very cold day and a lot of the snow had that styrofoam feel. OL under the guns was an interesting run and we skied it a few times. The naturals were a lot more solid than yesterday. Skied a few tree runs with Somewhere being the best of those and Skybits the worst. Low Rider has a lot of rocks and sticks showing through. Was told that Anarchy was not ready with the rock garden at the bottom very prevalent. Never got to Patsy's and Scrarecrow but was told that they are in pretty good shape. Superstar had nice new snow to ski. Old Superstar still pretty good but Ovation was a lot more solid today.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Saturday, 1/7/17 report

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Fading afternoon sun kicked off my late day session. Quite comfortable 6 degrees on the top as I started off on a Downdraft top to bottom warm-up. Delightful natural snow has been skied in on both Double Dipper and Downdraft with guns being readied for some manmade help. Carving on the large snow whalebacks on Superstar never gets old. Lower Ovation bumps are getting good and gnarly. Stopped to snap a photo on Outer Limits then picked up some trash left between the bumps. Not the normal empty Gatorade bottle this time but a cellphone wallet combo instead. Normally get to keep the booty when it is a lost beer, loose cash or some green. Turned the billfold into Mike at the KBL info desk so it could be reunited with its owner. Hoping that some guest will be very happy to get their lost property returned. Yes I am a true believer in karma. Finished again on Highline under the guns.

Grade B+

Quote of the Day - Turning in another lost phone.
Attachments
Outer Limits Guns.JPG
Outer Limits Guns.JPG (89.67 KiB) Viewed 541 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Pretty decent day; cold but not too bad especially with little to no wind and a spot of sunshine or two.

Started from Skyeship and right over to Southridge; Pipe Dream was better than Breakaway (from yesterday). Did a lap down Dreammaker ( middle section was closed; getting ready to blow on it) that was OK, but had some cat / snowmobile tracks underneath in some places. Time to wait until they blow on that one.

Couple of laps in Needles Eye area with Vertigo being the best. Bittersweet good and had to do a lap on Superstar which was very good.

Up Snowdon and down conclusion (almost ROTD). Back up for Royal Flush that was a bit bony but good snow. Two more in the canyon down Big Dipper (pretty darn good) and then Escapade / Flume for the ROTD.

Quick lap down Pipe Dream again and up the SPQ for our final run down Dream Maker to Valley Plunge. VP is NOT real good; a bit of dust on frozen in ski tracks from the last two weeks. Skiable mind you but chattery to say the least.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Skied with my local ski club in the AM. Found SBF, Tricks, and CAPBOY in the PM for some woods adventure.

Wish I had my old skis to avoid the stone grind my new boards.

Low rider was surprisingly good in the middle.

Anything in the sun still not enough coverage.

Guess it's still early season.
Where is Happy Hour ?