monday 1/9/2017 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

monday 1/9/2017 report

Post by skiadikt »

morning shift. way frigid. warmed up after i left as the clouds rolled in. between the cold & the extra layers, very stiff out there. skied all the groomers from wildfire over to skye lark. all skied well and exactly the same. nats pretty beat up, best was dreammaker hw (hope humpty doesn't notice). thimble was ok. very manly bumps on vertigo hit back. skye hawk not a do-over. never ventured west of skye lark.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Re: monday 1/9/2017 report

Post by PinnacleJim »

ROTD was Highline with lots of silky manmade. Worth multiple repeats.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Not sure where the GIS report is, he was extoling the virtues of Highline as well.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Thin clouds veiled the afternoon sun. Summit temperature of 6 degrees with the snowmakers taking full advantage of every bit of cold. Was adopted by a local family for the afternoon on the first gondi ride. Made the mistake of following the guys down Great Northern while the Mom hit all the cool little stashes on our way to Highline. Announced that I would be following Mom from now on as she made better choices. Spent the rest of the day skiing down to Highline on every possible route with the goal of staying off Great Northern. After days of playing under the guns on the huge manmade mountains we could actually see the slope as the snowmaking was shutdown. Perfect single digit cream cheese paved the line the bumpers would soon claim for their own. Well at least for this afternoon it was open for all to enjoy and we did. Watching 13 year old balancing on Cascade Headwall successfully picking up a downhill pole from one of our fallen reminded me of things I will never be able to do.

Grade B

Quote of the Day - If I tried to do that I would end up in a heap.
Attachments
Man Down
Man Down
IMG_1738.jpg (106.31 KiB) Viewed 332 times
The Line
The Line
IMG_1743.jpg (73.2 KiB) Viewed 332 times
Sunset
Sunset
IMG_1757.jpg (51.13 KiB) Viewed 332 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.