wednesday 1/10/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

wednesday 1/10/17 report

Post by skiadikt »

guess someone needs to post a report about what an amazing day it was. maybe my best of the season. once again surprise snow. lighter, deeper up top and heavier and less down low. overall perfect snow to fill things in. after opening on a dreamy old supe/mid o and a rather cementy lower supe, headed up top. best tree day of the season so far. first forays into throne & dipper woods for the season. full on pow. same situation on snowdon. maybe a tad thin lower down but still excellent. unfortunately looks like a one-day deal. hitched a ride with noah and headed south til this blows over. hoping we somehow dodge the bullet because it's so damn good right now.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Re: wednesday 1/10/17 report

Post by PinnacleJim »

Agree! Definitely one the best days for me so far. In addition to the snow, the warmer temps and sun were the icing on the cake. Hit Old Supe, Vertigo, Needles, Upper Dream Maker early and all skied very nicely. You could feel (and hear!) the snow change consistency as you got down low in elevation. Best snow was definitely higher. The bottom of Bear in the late morning almost felt like spring. Afternoon runs on Northstar and Patsys were still good, though a late afternoon run down South Ridge was a bit of a disappointment as Breakaway was setting up and a bit chunky.

Fingers crossed for only minor liquid from the skies tomorrow.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

No GIS report yet, but I would rate it an "A". Enough said. Best snow was at elevation.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Sun won the morning battle with the clouds setting the stage for a bright warmer day. Summit temperature of 26 degrees allowing for my first day skiing in shorts in 2017. The five and half inches of fresh snow had been cut up pretty good by our 11:00 arrival. Ran the Ski Bum race course on Highline on my new skis logging a time that almost made me competitive in the ladies division. Faster is nice but I will never be fast enough to compete against the old guys. Snow is deep enough for most high elevation tree runs to put them in play. Cutting up the slightly crusty powder on Bear Mountain sent a cooling icy spray across my bare legs. Soft conditions for now as winter cold returns for the weekend.

Grade A-

Quote of the Day–These new skis not only make my ass look skinny they also make me go fast.
Attachments
Peak.JPG
Peak.JPG (151.78 KiB) Viewed 294 times
Escapade.JPG
Escapade.JPG (123.99 KiB) Viewed 294 times
Pipe Dream.JPG
Pipe Dream.JPG (107.22 KiB) Viewed 294 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.