Broken ankle

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rower
Black Carver

Broken ankle

Post by rower »

I fell on the slushy K1 handicap ramp and broke my ankle yesterday. Do any of your great legal minds have any opinion as to Killington's liability? To whom at Killington should I talk?
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Broken ankle

Post by Bubba »

I assume you went to the clinic or other medical professional and have a record of how and where the accident occurred? Witnesses?

Regardless, the place to start would be an e-mail directly to Mike Solimano (msolimano@killington.com) and Mike can refer it internally to wherever it should go.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Broken with your ski boots on?

Sorry to hear...
Where is Happy Hour ?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Couldn't you tell it was slush? It's not a sidewalk in front of a supermarket. I'd say it's your fault. If ski areas had to remove all ice and slush from where people walk they'd never be open. Sorry you broke your leg. I hope it heals without an operation.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

freeski wrote:Couldn't you tell it was slush? It's not a sidewalk in front of a supermarket. I'd say it's your fault. If ski areas had to remove all ice and slush from where people walk they'd never be open. Sorry you broke your leg. I hope it heals without an operation.
:like :like
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Are you handicapped . . . and, should you have been on the ramp?

Sorry for your misfortune - hope you heal without too much issue . . . sorry, but I agree with above - good luck!!!
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

Say you now suffer from PTSD. You'll prob get a mil 5 out of 'em. Sorry to hear you broke your ankle. Pay attention, yo.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Heck, they gave three quarters of a million to the woman who curled up and had a nap for a couple hours in the gondi! :lol:
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

A few years back I tripped and fell on the buckled deck boards in front of the Bear Mnt Lodge entrance door. Landed on my shoulder and didn't break anything, but probably had a partial tear. At the mogul contest I pointed it out to Jeff Temple. Nothing has been done to fix the deck to date, I guess they just don't care about potential lawsuits!
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
SkidadfromMD
Beginner On Rentals

Post by SkidadfromMD »

You may want to take a look at your lift ticket and read the assumption of risk warning.

You slipped on slush....during the winter....at a ski resort....

Sorry you got hurt, but....unless you can prove negligence your claim of "liability" will be unjustified.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

SkidadfromMD wrote:You may want to take a look at your lift ticket and read the assumption of risk warning.

You slipped on slush....during the winter....at a ski resort....

Sorry you got hurt, but....unless you can prove negligence your claim of "liability" will be unjustified.
Are you also a lawyer?

His 1st call should be to a lawyer. not to anyone who works at K.

He may not get a dime but at least talking to a pro, he'll get solid advice.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I thought OP was a female.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Where is the K1 handicap ramp?
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Bear lot was a skating rink all weekend.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Sorry to hear about your injury.