Broken ankle

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

twilkas
Tree Psycho

Re: Broken ankle

Post by twilkas »

freeski wrote:I never liked architects.
It would have been nice if OP had revealed gender.
-Steamboat1 out
maybe the architect is a plumber too, plenty of sh*t to deal with regarding this case.
nutjob
Beginner On Rentals

Post by nutjob »

A lawsuit for 1.5 mill is being filed. Plaintiff's attorneys Bloodsuckerberg, Rosensplatz, and Katz are lead. A settlement of
around 500k is the probable outcome. I am willing to switch sides for a seasons pass.
SkidadfromMD
Beginner On Rentals

Post by SkidadfromMD »

SnoBrdr wrote:
SkidadfromMD wrote:You may want to take a look at your lift ticket and read the assumption of risk warning.

You slipped on slush....during the winter....at a ski resort....

Sorry you got hurt, but....unless you can prove negligence your claim of "liability" will be unjustified.
Are you also a lawyer?

His 1st call should be to a lawyer. not to anyone who works at K.

He may not get a dime but at least talking to a pro, he'll get solid advice.

Not a lawyer but I have a masters degree in contract law.....

We are a very litigious society and quick to want compensation for what we consider someone else's fault.

You need to remember that there is also a personal assumption of risk and liability that you agree to when you step out your front door.

You knowingly walked into an environment that had additional risk associated with it.

Now, the resort does have the responsibility to provide a safe environment. Shoveling snow, spreading salt or cinders and warning of potentially slippery areas is their responsibility. If they failed to provide this TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITY (which will be court room fodder for both counselors) then they have failed to deliver on their side of the contract.

Remember, they are innocent until proven guilty. As the accuser you need to prove this so it is up to you to discover their faults.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

:beat Jeez people...Rower said he was satisfied with how the resort dealt with the issue. Let it go...
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe