Proposed Village Info & Layout

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Fusion Zoner
Green Skidder

Proposed Village Info & Layout

Post by Fusion Zoner »

Check out http://www.livekillington.com and click on the Village link. I have not seen this site before and the person who told me about it (a Killington employee) said that it is new, subsequent to recent developments related to SP Land's ability to move forward with the village. In any case, it has some descriptions of the planned village accommodations and amenities, as well as some images, including the current proposed village layout. The most interesting thing I noticed is that Killington Road would apparently terminate at the village, allowing the village to span across from the Snowshed side to the Ramshead side of the existing road. What would happen to KBL and the parking areas above the village, I have no idea. If you click on the Contact link, you can submit your contact information to receive further updates. Here is a snapshot of the most interesting image, the village layout.
Attachments
K village layout.PNG
K village layout.PNG (1.7 MiB) Viewed 1254 times
LINYbob
Bumper

Re: Proposed Village Info & Layout

Post by LINYbob »

They are putting in a tunnel for cars underneath the Snowshed-Ramshead complex. If you look closely you can see where it emerges to go on up to K-1
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Pinnacle Condo's sued and won moving a road that was going to pass thru building A.

Still do not want this.

Will take as long as the interconnect.

Or the LaGuardia airport renovation.

Who will benefit in the end?

All this and no South Ridge chair?

:bang
Where is Happy Hour ?
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

" a Killington employee".......you can pretty much quit reading after this alone. K employees?..know phukall about the buildout.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

WHERE IS THE INTERCONNECT.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

That website sucks. :bull

Nothing new on there.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Fusion Zoner wrote:Check out http://www.livekillington.com and click on the Village link. I have not seen this site before and the person who told me about it (a Killington employee) said that it is new, subsequent to recent developments related to SP Land's ability to move forward with the village. In any case, it has some descriptions of the planned village accommodations and amenities, as well as some images, including the current proposed village layout. The most interesting thing I noticed is that Killington Road would apparently terminate at the village, allowing the village to span across from the Snowshed side to the Ramshead side of the existing road. What would happen to KBL and the parking areas above the village, I have no idea. If you click on the Contact link, you can submit your contact information to receive further updates. Here is a snapshot of the most interesting image, the village layout.
You're an idiot.

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Did you also know that they are going to be replacing the second Snowshed Double Chair? An employee told me, and it's right there on the map!

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Highway Star wrote:Did you also know that they are going to be replacing the second Snowshed Double Chair? An employee told me, and it's right there on the map!
And removing the roller coaster.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Highway Star wrote:
Fusion Zoner wrote:Check out http://www.livekillington.com and click on the Village link. I have not seen this site before and the person who told me about it (a Killington employee) said that it is new, subsequent to recent developments related to SP Land's ability to move forward with the village. In any case, it has some descriptions of the planned village accommodations and amenities, as well as some images, including the current proposed village layout. The most interesting thing I noticed is that Killington Road would apparently terminate at the village, allowing the village to span across from the Snowshed side to the Ramshead side of the existing road. What would happen to KBL and the parking areas above the village, I have no idea. If you click on the Contact link, you can submit your contact information to receive further updates. Here is a snapshot of the most interesting image, the village layout.
You're an idiot.
Who really is the idiot?! :P

Fusion Zoner
Green Skidder

Post by Fusion Zoner »

Highway Star wrote:
You're an idiot.
No, any idiot would be someone who incessantly "confronts" the other posters (behind the safety of the internet) and has nothing but negative criticism for the operation of the mountain and it's facilities, yet cannot stop themselves from returning over and over again to the forum, even though they obviously hate everyone and everything about it. Now THAT's an idiot.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Fusion Zoner wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
You're an idiot.
No, any idiot would be someone who incessantly "confronts" the other posters (behind the safety of the internet) and has nothing but negative criticism for the operation of the mountain and it's facilities, yet cannot stop themselves from returning over and over again to the forum, even though they obviously hate everyone and everything about it. Now THAT's an idiot.

:like :like
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Man makes a SOLID argument. Check...and MATE.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

RustyK wrote:Pinnacle Condo's sued and won moving a road that was going to pass thru building A.
Not quite true. The original location of the road between the Mountain Inn and Pinnacle Building A violated some easements. It was not to go through the building. While a suit was filed, it was settled in mediation. Road planned location was moved slightly, Pinnacle was granted some rights regarding access and SP Land paid Pinnacle's legal costs.
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Funny, snowboarding may have been born in vt but it still isn't excepted by some resorts in vt. Looks like the plans are slowly improving.