LONGEST SHOT SKI

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RustyK
Whipping Post

LONGEST SHOT SKI

Post by RustyK »

Call in the Guinness Book of World Records: Breckenridge just reclaimed the record for the World’s Longest Shot Ski!

Earlier this week, 1,234 people lined up along a 1,997-foot shot ski, comprised of 420 individual skis (are we in Colorado yet?), to reclaim the title against Park City’s Wasatch Brewery.

The local distillery beat the Park City brewery's previous record of a 1,191-manned ski, topped off with local beer. Breck did their Shot Ski the real way, though: filling up shots with 1,234 ounces of Hot Box Mountain Shot, a cinnamon whiskey way better than your average Fire Ball.

The shot ski was part of the mountain’s annual Ullr festival, a four-day celebration that pays homage to the Norse god of snow in the hopes of bringing more snowfall to Breck and the surrounding peaks. Or, it's another excuse to dress up like a Viking and throw a massive party.

http://www.tetongravity.com/story/cultu ... t-shot-ski" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GlacierBoy
Black Carver

Re: LONGEST SHOT SKI

Post by GlacierBoy »

F Breckenridge! The Long Trail Brewery and Killington can beat this if they put their mind to it and thought out-of-thebox and innovatively! Think of the great PR - World Cup skiing, new village, Interconnect, a few new lodges and lifts AND a Guinness World Record!!

1,234 people lined up along a 1,997-foot shot ski, comprised of 420 individual skis

Heck - KillingtonZone can provide maybe 200 people?!
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

I believe Killington could do this. Bring it!!! The access road to K1 in the spring is the perfect venue.
Just my humble opinion. Please refrain from throwing stones.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Coolage.JPG
Coolage.JPG (77.96 KiB) Viewed 378 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
Buffalofrique
Green Skidder

Post by Buffalofrique »

12998' I think that whole town is high.
And I shall make it felony to drink small beer.