Friday 2/10/17 Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Friday 2/10/17 Report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

There was blue sky and sun but the temperature remained very frigid. You had to be covered completely and well insulated but eventually you also needed to take a break to warm back up. OL had been groomed so did multiple laps on it. Fiddle was open but after entering at the top decided to bail because of the grabby snow. Guns were going on lower Skyburst and it was the velvety variety. All the groomed runs skied well all over the mountain. The Vertigo headwall had some ice to contend with and the rest of the trail had some nice snow on it. Stichline was a bit challenging at times. Skyhawk was not a do-over - at least the line I took. Lower Skylark was my ROTD today - loved the velvety snow under the guns. Old Superstar has developed some slick spots at the bottom. I only skied two runs in the Canyon today because there was no Canyon Quad. I was told that Double Dipper was nice but I found some icy spots there too. Skied Royal Flush for my last run and it was a bit scraped off. I saw GIS today so expect one is great reports sometime soon.