Storm Orson opens Snowdon Quad at 8:00 am Monday . . .

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Storm Orson opens Snowdon Quad at 8:00 am Monday . . .

Post by MrsG »

Killington email!!

"Winter Storm to Drop 12-18 Inches Through Monday!

Winter Storm Orson is bearing down on The Beast, snow lovers, and it’s packing snowfall totals of up to 18”. Snow began falling here in Killington this morning and snowfall is expected to continue through midday Monday.

In order to maximize Monday's powder potential, The Snowdon Quad at Killington will turn an hour early, at 8:00 a.m. and Pico Mountain’s Little Pico Triple will turn a half hour early, at 8:30 a.m.

The K-1 ticket windows and Pico Sales Center will also open early, at 7:30 and 8:00 a.m. respectively, giving you plenty of time to claim your spot in the Snowdon lift maze – this is one first chair you don't want to miss.

As always, operations can be affected by weather. Please look for morning updates on the Daily Report, and follow us on Twitter for real time operations updates.

We'll see you bright and early at the Snowdon Quad!"
rogman
Postinator

Re: Storm Orson opens Snowdon Quad at 8:00 am Monday . . .

Post by rogman »

"That's a bold strategy, Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them."
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

:idea:
Killington groomers will modify their plan overnight, leaving some steeper trails off the list for maximum snow depth in the morning.
:like :like
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
specialp
Green Skidder

Post by specialp »

Killington groomers will modify their plan overnight, leaving some steeper trails off the list for maximum snow depth in the morning.
They should have groomed over the ice moguls last night on a lot of the trails instead and not groomed anything at all tomorrow
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

rogman wrote:"That's a bold strategy, Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them."
Jason Bateman and Gary Cole kill it in that movie
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

specialp wrote:
They should have groomed over the ice moguls last night on a lot of the trails instead and not groomed anything at all tomorrow

No One is ever happy on this site...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Your welcome for the snow as I am in aspen this week. Got a foot yesterday. Little more today.
Post some pics!
Attachments
IMG_4852.JPG
IMG_4852.JPG (260.67 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

A place where the beer flows like wine where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. A little place called Aspen.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Spoke with a guy who got 10th chair on Snowdon Quad, took Highline back to lift - said the wait would have been a half hour - bailed down to Ramshead to Snowshed to wait for lift to open :shock:

Snow was great everywhere - could have used more lifts - crowded - lots of schools off - wind picked up and made lift rides challenging!!!
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

'Fer crying out loud! WHY only 1 lift open/running early on a forecasted powder day? You'd think they'd want to capitalize and get the good word out, instead of a half hour wait at a single lift.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Nikoli wrote:A place where the beer flows like wine where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. A little place called Aspen.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Got to the SQ at 7:50 and finally sat down at 8:10. Huge line as SQ was the only lift running til just before 9:00. Still got plenty of first tracks, but it got cut up pretty fast. Very nice wood shots at over at Ramshead. Had a spectacular double-eject full somersault in Scarecrow when my tips burrowed into the gully of what turned out to be a mound of not soft snow.

Eventually bequeathed the left overs to the heathens at 10:30 or so.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote: Had a spectacular double-eject full somersault in Scarecrow when my tips burrowed into the gully of what turned out to be a mound of not soft snow.
Many of the best ones go unwitnessed.

2 kinds of double eject superman:

1) Pop and slide, swallow snow as it piles up against your face.
2) Speed,launch, and heavier than air flight. Have enough time to curse and contemplate the ending.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose wrote:
Coydog wrote: Had a spectacular double-eject full somersault in Scarecrow when my tips burrowed into the gully of what turned out to be a mound of not soft snow.
Many of the best ones go unwitnessed.

2 kinds of double eject superman:

1) Pop and slide, swallow snow as it piles up against your face.
2) Speed,launch, and heavier than air flight. Have enough time to curse and contemplate the ending.
When I got in my car, I couldn't figure out why the steering wheel seemed so close. Ends up the hood on my jacket was stuffed solid with snow. Explains why my back got cold.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

ME2VTSkier wrote:'Fer crying out loud! WHY only 1 lift open/running early on a forecasted powder day? You'd think they'd want to capitalize and get the good word out, instead of a half hour wait at a single lift.
uhhh - they opened up a chair an hour early - and the rest of the chairs opened on time - and people are bitching.......

It was cold and windy out too.....