Storm Orson opens Snowdon Quad at 8:00 am Monday . . .

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Storm Orson opens Snowdon Quad at 8:00 am Monday . . .

Post by skiadikt »

hillbangin wrote:
ME2VTSkier wrote:'Fer crying out loud! WHY only 1 lift open/running early on a forecasted powder day? You'd think they'd want to capitalize and get the good word out, instead of a half hour wait at a single lift.
uhhh - they opened up a chair an hour early - and the rest of the chairs opened on time - and people are bitching.......

It was cold and windy out too.....
usually folks complain because lift openings are delayed. today everything opened on time and one lift opened an hour early. what more do folks want ... admit the early turnout was huge. people were lining up at 7:15.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

skiadikt wrote:
hillbangin wrote:
ME2VTSkier wrote:'Fer crying out loud! WHY only 1 lift open/running early on a forecasted powder day? You'd think they'd want to capitalize and get the good word out, instead of a half hour wait at a single lift.
uhhh - they opened up a chair an hour early - and the rest of the chairs opened on time - and people are bitching.......

It was cold and windy out too.....
usually folks complain because lift openings are delayed. today everything opened on time and one lift opened an hour early. what more do folks want ... admit the early turnout was huge. people were lining up at 7:15.
Should never be a problem to open all lifts on time. It's a winter business and they are supposed to be professionally expertly operating it. It's not a side job or a friggen hobby. WINTER IS WHAT THEY DO!

It was an expected Powder Day. Of course paying customers should expect for everything to be up and running on time to get the value out of their admission price.

It was also their chance to make a statement like "We do winter... like a Boss!" with Ramshead4, Snowdon4, K1, and Superstar4 spinning for 8am. Maybe even more if they wanted. The labor cost involved for the added run time is a heck of a lot smaller than you all believe it is. Just ask Wright at Jay peak if they really shut down lifts to save labor costs, and he'll laugh at you and explain that the lifts REALLY are on wind hold, and that the labor cost being saved by not running lifts is infinitesimally small in the overall scheme of things, and the the ill-will feelings generated by the guests out weigh any labor savings.

Instead K pays a couple lifties to clean chairs on ONE LIFT, and get it up and running ONE HOUR EARLY. Woo hoo! They spent SOOOOO much extra money in the overall scheme of things paying those couple people ONE MORE HOURS PAY.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

You guys are being ridiculous here. I am the first one to bash management when they have delays in the morning but they did not in this case. Every lift opened on time and one even opened an hour early but that's not enough? Come on, really?? I gotta give K props here not bash
them.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. A foot of fresh powder, mountain opened on time without any problems and one lift opened an hour early, yet a few people are complaining they should've done more. Really???

Incessant whining gets old. A simple "thank you" would suffice.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

K1 opened early too. Damn people it was an epic day that went off without a hitch and still there is bitching wtf.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

yup the mtn functioned as it should...even more so considering the wind...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

madhatter wrote:yup the mtn functioned as it should...even more so considering the wind...
We absolutely got lucky with the wind. I thought for sure something was going to be closed.

Anyone know why Needles did not open - or is that a Weekday thing.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

hillbangin wrote:
madhatter wrote:yup the mtn functioned as it should...even more so considering the wind...
We absolutely got lucky with the wind. I thought for sure something was going to be closed.

Anyone know why Needles did not open - or is that a Weekday thing.
It's a weekday thing. Same with Canyon not running on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I believe the OL chair also does not run during the week.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

OK, guess I'm guilty on the side of mentioning more lifts would have helped . . . well, what I really meant was that there was no way to get to the upper mountain from the other areas . . . no shuttles running from Showshed/Ramshead to the upper mountain . . . in any case, we had a great day and Killington did a great job!! THANK YOU!!!!