tuesday 2/14/2017 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday 2/14/2017 report

Post by skiadikt »

wow a bluebird day. skiing couldn't be as good as yesterday. opened on a beautifully groomed skyeburst. from there it was mostly trees and ungroomed. followed that with stash woods which had a light coating of new pow. probably my rotd. growler which had skied beautifully the other day wasn't as nice. while there was still copious pow, there were also some icey backed bumps. mixed bag for me. supe woods had pockets of deep windblown but also some scratch. old supe beautiful pow until the lower ice sheet. for some reason the slowdon didn't run which kind of put a damper on the snowdon trees. preferred patsies over low rider there. closed on dipper woods into double dip. surprised how much loose pow still on double dip.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
DES
Slalom Racer

Re: tuesday 2/14/2017 report

Post by DES »

Wow, that was a fun day...had to really dig around for leftover untracked, it was possible, but you people yesterday did a good job tracking it up! I think I have my first sunburn on my face for the season, definitely don't mind the longer daylight. I already can't wait for my next ski day. Think Snow
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

skiadikt wrote: for some reason the slowdon didn't run which kind of put a damper on the snowdon trees.
Weekdays they seem to run only the Triple when KMS wants to use the midstation, and the Quad other times. It's changed from the days when the Triple ran only busy weekends.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Sunshine with great long range views as the wife and I arrived for some end of the day turns. Handed out dark chocolate hearts and red lollipops to all the hard working employees that we saw. Summit temperature of 20 degrees kept a lock on all the fresh snow that we got from Orson. Soft tracked out scraps of powder skied pretty nice. Skipped the singles speed dating on the Snowdon Triple in favor of riding in the Valentines Day decorated Gondi cabin. Enjoyed having most runs to ourselves as the late day crowd was sparse.

Grade A-

Quote of the Day - Love skiing everyday with my valentine.
Attachments
Long Range view.JPG
Long Range view.JPG (103.54 KiB) Viewed 598 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Aspen highlands report.

Steep.

That is all.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Sunshine with great long range views as the wife and I arrived for some end of the day turns. Handed out dark chocolate hearts and red lollipops to all the hard working employees that we saw. Summit temperature of 20 degrees kept a lock on all the fresh snow that we got from Orson. Soft tracked out scraps of powder skied pretty nice. Skipped the singles speed dating on the Snowdon Triple in favor of riding in the Valentines Day decorated Gondi cabin. Enjoyed having most runs to ourselves as the late day crowd was sparse.

Grade A-

Ahh looks great up there. Thanks for the pics.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Sunshine with great long range views as the wife and I arrived for some end of the day turns. Handed out dark chocolate hearts and red lollipops to all the hard working employees that we saw. Summit temperature of 20 degrees kept a lock on all the fresh snow that we got from Orson. Soft tracked out scraps of powder skied pretty nice. Skipped the singles speed dating on the Snowdon Triple in favor of riding in the Valentines Day decorated Gondi cabin. Enjoyed having most runs to ourselves as the late day crowd was sparse.

Grade A-

that never happens....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

One thing I also should have mentioned, careful on the bottom-steep of Ovation...got caught up in how nice the majority of the run was (either side/ entire width) until I crested the bottom drop off with speed. I just pointed em, because I doubt I would have slowed down anyhow on the ice slick (pretty sure I reached terminal-velocity on that one, not a do-over!).