Friday 2/17/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Friday 2/17/17 report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

First run down to the glades hit some heavy fog or low cloud that made me slow down for a bit. Luckily it then disappeared. Skied a few runs in the glades area while I was waiting for some ski buddies. Both the runs and trees there were skiing great. The sky turned blue and the sun was warming us up a bit. We then skied South Ridge, Fiddle(2 times), OL and Growler. Woods are in great shape with lots of soft snow in there. At Needles, Thimble and Old Needles both were pretty good and the line under the gondola on Needles had some really good snow and some scratchy stuff underneath. Decapitator to Stichline was also a nice run. Vertigo Headwall had some challenging stuff but it was skiable, the middle was great and lower had some nice soft moguls. Cruise Control was a nice run too. We took a look at Skyhawk and decided to skip it because it looked slick. Instead we skied Somewhere/Nowhere and lower Skylark under the guns. We did some trees in the Canyon area that had very nice snow. Cascade was skiing great. Low Rider and Patsy's also had great snow. Northstar had some soft snow and some slick spots too. Conclusion had great snow. It was a great day to be skiing as there were no major crowds and no big lift line except at the SPQ.
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Re: Friday 2/17/17 report

Post by Stache »

ROTD Double Dipper. Wind blown in powder, not wind packed. Best it has ever skied.
Other ROTD Pipe Dream. Best it has skied since 2010-'11.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Late morning report.

Got up pretty early (4 me) after late night at the Clear.

MAGIC road trip today. Good to see some clientele there but no lift line. Word is the black chair will b operating tomorrow; that is great 4 them.

Short story. Great place when they get snow. Got there 1130 and 12 ttb runs later the tavern was the place to be. PM me if looking 4 any trail recommendations.

Although I went alone Friday is ś99 4 carload up to 4 [maybe 5] people.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

I'm at Magic every weekend and on pow days. Conditions have been great. Thursdays are only $25. PM me if anyone wants a tour.

Magic woods on Monday.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

This was my first time skiing on a Friday in quite a few seasons, and I got a little nervous thinking the day would be crowded because there were a good amount of people at the Skyeship gondi base 20 minutes before lifts started loading, but we all dissipated quickly since it was ski up to the lifts for the rest of the day...once again, that was another spectacular day of skiing, they just keep getting better and better this year! Ya gotta love face shots of light blower snow!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

We paved all day long in various off piste sous bois.
Everywhere we went, there was abundant Tate.

Our ROTD was likely way Upper Roundabout.
Twilight Zone was a close second.
Only thing close to that was SS woods and Corniceimo.
Didn't spend much time frontside.
Opted for sun and fun.

Daughter took a tree in the shin .. lucked out.
That Dreamaker Park is F'n awesome.

Ski it while you can ! :idea:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path