Largest crowd in K history?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Largest crowd in K history?

Post by SnoBrdr »

At 11 the line for the Skyeship Stage 1 wrapped around both sides.

It went all the way to the doors of the lodge and to the parking lot on the other side.

On the Access Road they were parked to within 100 yards of the Lookout.

Cam only imagine how many day tickets they sold.

Course both the weather and the snow were great.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
rogman
Postinator

Re: Largest crowd in K history?

Post by rogman »

Saw a ton of day tickets with today's date. Ka-Ching!! Place that order for the South Ridge lift, Mike.

Edit: Cars parked down Access Rd past Santa Fe to the Killingto sign. Order HSQ for Snowdon, too. Bonus points: Pisses off Moose!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

far away from the action nursing a bad back ...

wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a record setting day. perfect weather with lots of well publicized snow. probably awesome skiing if you can escape the crowds. took these fotos around 2pm. interestingly looks like no one's skiing.
spq.png
spq.png (386.99 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
Attachments
rams.png
rams.png (269.65 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
spoiled South American skiin' whore
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Imagine trying to get a table or a drink tonight.
frankieski
Beginner On Rentals

Post by frankieski »

skiadikt wrote:far away from the action nursing a bad back ...

wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a record setting day. perfect weather with lots of well publicized snow. probably awesome skiing if you can escape the crowds. took these fotos around 2pm. interestingly looks like no one's skiing.
spq.png

Looks like they need a replacement for the Devil's Fiddle Quad. just needs to be in a different line. Long walk to get to that lift. Made no sense. You'd have to be coming down Fiddle or coming from Falls Brook... but most of those people coming from Falls Brook weren't seeking Expert terrain and the lift probably scared them off since it went up the fiddle so people past it by. Hence the long lines at Bear Quad back in the day and ZERO line at the Fiddle Quad.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Suprisingly the trails didn't seem to terribly crowded. I think people were in liftlines and inside lodges more than actually skiing . . Skiing was good . . Very sticky down low as the day progressed . . . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

frankieski wrote:
skiadikt wrote:far away from the action nursing a bad back ...

spq.png

Looks like they need a replacement for the Devil's Fiddle Quad. just needs to be in a different line. Long walk to get to that lift. Made no sense. You'd have to be coming down Fiddle or coming from Falls Brook... but most of those people coming from Falls Brook weren't seeking Expert terrain and the lift probably scared them off since it went up the fiddle so people past it by. Hence the long lines at Bear Quad back in the day and ZERO line at the Fiddle Quad.
Was there a long line at the bear quad today? I stay the hell away on holiday weekends, but I never see a line at the bear quad, so I see no need for a replacement of the DFQ....now the SRT, that needs replacement
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

rogman wrote:Saw a ton of day tickets with today's date. Ka-Ching!! Place that order for the South Ridge lift, Mike.

Edit: Cars parked down Access Rd past Santa Fe to the Killingto sign. Order HSQ for Snowdon, too. Bonus points: Pisses off Moose!
Celebrating our 8th year!

M Moose, Sec'y
SSQS
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

They were projecting 17,000 today which could be a record
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Ty said Mike was at KSC today and said 17.5K
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Mike Solimano gave a talk at the Ski Club this afternoon. He said the number for today was 17,500. He also talked about the good possibility of getting the World Cup again for Thanksgiving weekend. He mentioned that Bear Lodge may be redone sometime soon. Also in the works is redoing the K1 base lodge. A Southridge lift maybe in two years. I had to leave so not sure what else he talked about.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

thought there was a 16.7 mlk weekend. good news is that they did great numbers all 4 holiday periods.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

MLK Saturday 2013 was supposed to be 17,500. That was the weekend I pinched a nerve in my back always twisting and looking back uphill to check on my charges. Number I heard/saw in the lodge this afternoon was 15,400 for today but tracking at 17,500 at 11 am.

Ditto on what someone else said, the trails were not as crowded as the lift lines. SPE was so bad at 2:30 I took the shuttle bus down to Skyeship base to get back to Ramshead.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

tyrolean_skier wrote:Mike Solimano gave a talk at the Ski Club this afternoon. He said the number for today was 17,500. He also talked about the good possibility of getting the World Cup again for Thanksgiving weekend. He mentioned that Bear Lodge may be redone sometime soon. Also in the works is redoing the K1 base lodge. A Southridge lift maybe in two years. I had to leave so not sure what else he talked about.
I'm sure the # was even higher.

We never got scanned once today and we started out at Skyeship Stage and hit other lifts where we should have been scanned at least once but never were.
eagle628
Green Skidder

Post by eagle628 »

skiadikt wrote:
spq.png
Is that a chair with one person on it? For shame!