Saturday 2/18/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Saturday 2/18/17 report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

it was a gorgeous day with blue skies, lots of sun and it got quite warm in the afternoon. Started my day skiing Pipedream and then the woods along the way to Bear. Upper Pipedream had some icy stuff to deal withl. OL had been groomed in the middle and there was a lot of traffic on it. The Fiddle still skied nicely in the morning but probably skied better a little later. Wildfire and Bear Claw both had nice soft snow. The SPQ lift line was already very long so opted not to ski the Stash Woods, the Stash or Dreammaker. Instead headed to Needles via Thimble and under the gondola. Lines there were long too so we bailed via Bittersweet and headed for the Snowdon Triple because the lines at the K1 were too long. We then dropped down to the Canyon via Royal Flush which was very nice and soft at that time. Did a few Canyon runs including some trees until the line got a bit long there because the Northridge triple was down. Headed over to Snowdon via a pretty nice North Ridge run. Northstar, Great Bear, Low Rider and Patsy's skied very nicely at that time. Took a break for lunch and when I went back out everything was very sticky including a tree run that had been wonderful earlier in the day. Called it a day by skiing Escapade to Flume.
Midwest Skier
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Saturday 2/18/17 report

Post by Midwest Skier »

I spent the day at Pico where it was as crowded as I have ever seen it over there. They even had the Outpost and Knome's Knoll lift running. I spent most of my day on the Golden with a Vermont Adaptive lesson, but got a few free runs in on A-Slope, Giant Killer, Poma Glades and some other trails that I don't get out on that often.

I always appreciate the great reviews posted here that allow me to 'ski' vicariously from work mid-week, but rarely have much to offer in return. So here is a nice picture of Killington from Pico at the end of the day yesterday. Also one of Rich handing out free cookies in the lift line late afternoon. I hope today is as good as yesterday.
K from Pico.jpg
K from Pico.jpg (350.84 KiB) Viewed 324 times
Cookies.jpg
Cookies.jpg (427.1 KiB) Viewed 324 times