Vail buys Stowe

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Vail buys Stowe

Post by Bubba »

I was talking with a Stowe local and "host" (ambassador equivalent) last night who was very positive about new ownership but clearly aware of potential issues; those issues being overcrowding and parking. With respect to parking, he said employees will now have to park off-mountain and shuttle to work, including hosts. That will add a lot of time to their day simply getting to and from work. With roughly 1000 employees during the winter, think how many shuttles will be needed. He's not sure he will continue as a host as a result. He did say that Vail sees their skier visit increase goals as weekday increases but that means bucking a trend that's been going on for years in New England.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
DES
Slalom Racer

Re: Vail buys Stowe

Post by DES »

Stowe is so wonderful according to every local there I've talked with, I'm sure they'll compensate the working stiffs with pay raises to even out them having to spend more time shuttling, and also taking a "pay cut" in the form of their season pass benefit being devalued.