Feb 22 Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Feb 22 Report

Post by hillbangin »

A lightly overcast start gave way to a Bluebird spring day. Trails and Woods loosened up from Top to Bottom. ROTD was anything at the top around noon. Made me feel better about not being out west somewhere.

Grade A-

QOTD - I didn't know Downdraft was this great a trail.
Attachments
Feb 22 Blue.JPG
Feb 22 Blue.JPG (115.94 KiB) Viewed 866 times
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Re: Feb 22 Report

Post by twilkas »

nice, very GIS-esque
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

twilkas wrote:nice, very GIS-esque
Plagiarism is finest form of flattery !
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I started my day by skiing Pipedream which was just right. After that OL caught our attention and we did laps on it. Today I skied mostly naturals because with this weather who knows when the next time will be that we will ski them. I skied Ovation heawall and it was fine so don't know why it was closed. Lower Ovation was not open when I was skiing that area but I was told it was great once it opened. Skyhawk was a do over. The Cascade headwall was better than the Downdraft headwall. Downdraft skied better than Cascade. Stichline was skiable but there are lots objects to avoid. Middle to lower Vertigo skied well too. Too many rocks showing on the headwall. Low Rider and Patsy's had a bit of sticky stuff because there was no traffic in there - just me at the time I was skiing it. Northstar was skiing very nicely and lower Great Bear had been groomed. Hiked up to ski Catwalk and it was worth the hike. My ROTD has to be Downdraft which skied like butter most of the way. I took some pictures today. See below.
View from top of Superstar.JPG
View from top of Superstar.JPG (95.48 KiB) Viewed 586 times
interesting scenery.JPG
interesting scenery.JPG (84.71 KiB) Viewed 463 times
Top of Catwalk.JPG
Top of Catwalk.JPG (100.93 KiB) Viewed 463 times
Last edited by tyrolean_skier on Feb 23rd, '17, 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

hillbangin wrote:
twilkas wrote:nice, very GIS-esque
Plagiarism is finest form of flattery !
eh, you only copied the format.
imitation is the highest form of flattery.
the words were your own. still deserving of a nice job at least.
i speak for many when i say any report of the day is appreciated, thank you to all for the efforts!
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

tyrolean_skier wrote:I started my day by skiing Pipedream which was just right. After that OL caught our attention and we did laps on it. Today I skied mostly naturals because with this weather who knows when they next time will be that we will ski them. I skied Ovation heawall and it was fine so don't know why it was closed. Lower Ovation was not open when I was skiing that area but I was told it was great once it opened. Skyhawk was a do over. The Cascade headwall was better than the Downdraft headwall. Downdraft skied better than Cascade. Stichline was skiable but there are lots objects to avoid. Middle to lower Vertigo skied well too. Too many rocks showing on the headwall. Low Rider and Patsy's had a bit of sticky stuff because there was no traffic in there - just me. Northstar was skiing very nicely and lower Great Bear had been groomed. Hiked up to ski Catwalk. My ROTD has to be Downdraft which skied like butter most of the way. I took some pictures today. See below.
Jeff and Mike: Is it to late to make snow on the Dreammaker and Vertigo Headwalls to cover the objects as Ti refers to?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

tyrolean_skier wrote:I started my day by skiing Pipedream which was just right. After that OL caught our attention and we did laps on it. Today I skied mostly naturals because with this weather who knows when the next time will be that we will ski them. I skied Ovation heawall and it was fine so don't know why it was closed. Lower Ovation was not open when I was skiing that area but I was told it was great once it opened. Skyhawk was a do over. The Cascade headwall was better than the Downdraft headwall. Downdraft skied better than Cascade. Stichline was skiable but there are lots objects to avoid. Middle to lower Vertigo skied well too. Too many rocks showing on the headwall. Low Rider and Patsy's had a bit of sticky stuff because there was no traffic in there - just me at the time I was skiing it. Northstar was skiing very nicely and lower Great Bear had been groomed. Hiked up to ski Catwalk and it was worth the hike. My ROTD has to be Downdraft which skied like butter most of the way. I took some pictures today. See below.
interesting scenery.JPG
Top of Catwalk.JPG
I thought you were in Burlington visiting UVM.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Bubba wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:I started my day by skiing Pipedream which was just right. After that OL caught our attention and we did laps on it. Today I skied mostly naturals because with this weather who knows when the next time will be that we will ski them. I skied Ovation heawall and it was fine so don't know why it was closed. Lower Ovation was not open when I was skiing that area but I was told it was great once it opened. Skyhawk was a do over. The Cascade headwall was better than the Downdraft headwall. Downdraft skied better than Cascade. Stichline was skiable but there are lots objects to avoid. Middle to lower Vertigo skied well too. Too many rocks showing on the headwall. Low Rider and Patsy's had a bit of sticky stuff because there was no traffic in there - just me at the time I was skiing it. Northstar was skiing very nicely and lower Great Bear had been groomed. Hiked up to ski Catwalk and it was worth the hike. My ROTD has to be Downdraft which skied like butter most of the way. I took some pictures today. See below.
interesting scenery.JPG
Top of Catwalk.JPG
I thought you were in Burlington visiting UVM.
Skidork and the Snow Princess went up to visit UVM since she has a mild concussion and cannot ski at this time.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Big Bob wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:I started my day by skiing Pipedream which was just right. After that OL caught our attention and we did laps on it. Today I skied mostly naturals because with this weather who knows when they next time will be that we will ski them. I skied Ovation heawall and it was fine so don't know why it was closed. Lower Ovation was not open when I was skiing that area but I was told it was great once it opened. Skyhawk was a do over. The Cascade headwall was better than the Downdraft headwall. Downdraft skied better than Cascade. Stichline was skiable but there are lots objects to avoid. Middle to lower Vertigo skied well too. Too many rocks showing on the headwall. Low Rider and Patsy's had a bit of sticky stuff because there was no traffic in there - just me. Northstar was skiing very nicely and lower Great Bear had been groomed. Hiked up to ski Catwalk. My ROTD has to be Downdraft which skied like butter most of the way. I took some pictures today. See below.
Jeff and Mike: Is it to late to make snow on the Dreammaker and Vertigo Headwalls to cover the objects as Ti refers to?
How Humpty reads K-zone.......