Please don't idle your cars Killington employees

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Re: Please don't idle your cars Killington employees

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Am I the only one who sees bi-polar tendencies in killyfan?

And killyfan, it doesn't have to be your naked ass..just one in your almost 50y/o wearing ski pants. Or a bathing suit. Yeah right; size 4...phfffff.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

killyfan wrote:
7) SEB - you're quoting a 2001 study - I've love to see a more current one on this topic. Not that I don't believe it was accurate in 2001, but vehicles have changed a lot since then as have fuel additives, I'm guessing. I'm open to any new research that points me in the current accurate direction here. If I'm wrong, I have no problem admitting it. Do it all the time. I have never replaced the alternator or battery on my vehicle (at 8k shy of 200k), so I have a feeling that your quoted study may not apply to all vehicles. Motor is still perfectly fine, and I never warm it up to get oil up to temp before driving it. My backwoods mechanic in Tyson who is a zen master of all things vehicles and guns (great guy to know!) tells me I'm doing the right thing, as have my other local mechanics. I also don't read the Washington Post... I can see from your posts you know WAAAY more that me (no sarc here) about engines. I'm not a mechanic, never claimed to be, so I've been speaking from personal experience. I would love to sit with you in person and have a beer while we discuss all of this and you can teach me more about alternators. (Not kidding. Not being sarcastic.) I always like to make informed decisions - and you clearly can help me with this. MM, I think you should come too. I will bring boyfriend along for personal protection.
I guess we don't disagree much about idling cars EXCEPT the legality of it...

And for the part addressed to me…. very sane post. Perhaps too kind. I don’t know that much about engines actually, so MM schooled me a bit on what I likely misunderstood…I agree with you that being educated by others is NOT shameful…it’s a big part of why I surf the web. I just posted what I had found on the web and the way I currently mapped these issues. MM helped me make a better map. That is why the web is good.

You and I seem to have very similar attitudes about this issue…being happy about being corrected AND being willing to indulge in some good-natured insulting (yes there is such a thing) in both directions to get a point across. I may sound angry sometimes but my web activity is never actually angry….it’s fun to be snarky online if you feel provoked. You seem to have the same attitude. Hope so.

You and I probably will disagree about a lot of ideas that pass for “consensus” in modern environmental science. We can argue about that. I will never get mad, because I believe the need to LISTEN and consider alternate hypotheses is the sine qua non of science. So I look forward to arguing with you in future posts. It seems likely to expect some good may come of it. A beer and some chit chat about cloud nucleation hypotheses sounds like fun.
Ski the edges!
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
killyfan wrote:
7) SEB - you're quoting a 2001 study - I've love to see a more current one on this topic. Not that I don't believe it was accurate in 2001, but vehicles have changed a lot since then as have fuel additives, I'm guessing. I'm open to any new research that points me in the current accurate direction here. If I'm wrong, I have no problem admitting it. Do it all the time. I have never replaced the alternator or battery on my vehicle (at 8k shy of 200k), so I have a feeling that your quoted study may not apply to all vehicles. Motor is still perfectly fine, and I never warm it up to get oil up to temp before driving it. My backwoods mechanic in Tyson who is a zen master of all things vehicles and guns (great guy to know!) tells me I'm doing the right thing, as have my other local mechanics. I also don't read the Washington Post... I can see from your posts you know WAAAY more that me (no sarc here) about engines. I'm not a mechanic, never claimed to be, so I've been speaking from personal experience. I would love to sit with you in person and have a beer while we discuss all of this and you can teach me more about alternators. (Not kidding. Not being sarcastic.) I always like to make informed decisions - and you clearly can help me with this. MM, I think you should come too. I will bring boyfriend along for personal protection.

And for the part addressed to me…. very sane post. Perhaps too kind. I don’t know that much about engines actually, so MM schooled me a bit on what I likely misunderstood…I agree with you that being educated by others is NOT shameful…it’s a big part of why I surf the web. I just posted what I had found on the web and the way I currently mapped these issues. MM helped me make a better map. That is why the web is good.

You and I seem to have very similar attitudes about this issue…being happy about being corrected AND being willing to indulge in some good-natured insulting (yes there is such a thing) in both directions to get a point across. I may sound angry sometimes but my web activity is never actually angry….it’s fun to be snarky online if you feel provoked. You seem to have the same attitude. Hope so.

You and I probably will disagree about a lot of ideas that pass for “consensus” in modern environmental science. We can argue about that. I will never get mad, because I believe the need to LISTEN and consider alternate hypotheses is the sine qua non of science. So I look forward to arguing with you in future posts. It seems likely to expect some good may come of it. A beer and some chit chat about cloud nucleation hypotheses sounds like fun.
j

SEB - Thanks for your response and I'm glad you have enough intelligence to see that I'm not a crazy bi-polar bitch who likes to rant on the web when my meds need to be tweaked. :-) This thread is literally my first web rant, and though it has been challenging at times to listen to the folks here who hate me for posting it, I've never been one to back down from a challenge - so I'm going to keep this rolling for as long as folks are reading it.

MM wants to have a beer too, so let's pick a time after this week to do so. I'm not sure if you two live here and have flexibility on the weekdays or not, so why don't you both PM me with a few nights next week that work for you and we'll work out a day to hook up. I'm here all the time, and the boyfriend is too, so we can make it work whenever.

Your comment about cloud nucleation hypothesis makes me think that I may know who you are already... if it turns out we know each other, this will be f-ckin hilarious! Can't wait. And yes, let's discuss it.
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I used to never let my car idle, the nonsense of this thread has changed my mind and now I let it idle all the time.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Seriously. I just want a pic of ur almost 50 boobs and ass as you have flouted them. And are single?
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

killyfan wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
killyfan wrote:

j

SEB - Thanks for your response and I'm glad you have enough intelligence to see that I'm not a crazy bi-polar bitch who likes to rant on the web when my meds need to be tweaked. :-) This thread is literally my first web rant, and though it has been challenging at times to listen to the folks here who hate me for posting it, I've never been one to back down from a challenge - so I'm going to keep this rolling for as long as folks are reading it.

MM wants to have a beer too, so let's pick a time after this week to do so. I'm not sure if you two live here and have flexibility on the weekdays or not, so why don't you both PM me with a few nights next week that work for you and we'll work out a day to hook up. I'm here all the time, and the boyfriend is too, so we can make it work whenever.

Your comment about cloud nucleation hypothesis makes me think that I may know who you are already... if it turns out we know each other, this will be f-ckin hilarious! Can't wait. And yes, let's discuss it.
And BTW - it would be nice to meet a couple of you in person so you can vouch for my ass.... seriously. I'm pretty freaked out by the dicks on this website who insist that I'm a liar. That's one thing I have never been accused of being before.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

killyfan wrote:
killyfan wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
killyfan wrote:

j

And BTW - it would be nice to meet a couple of you in person so you can vouch for my ass.... seriously. I'm pretty freaked out by the dicks on this website who insist that I'm a liar. That's one thing I have never been accused of being before.
HH is at moguls tonite...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

madhatter wrote:
killyfan wrote:
killyfan wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
killyfan wrote:

j

Skioff! Rack 'em
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

killyfan wrote:
killyfan wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
killyfan wrote:

j

Spring is here, stop by bay 1 or later on the access road for some tailgating.....Just be sure to bring some beer. BMMC is soon, look for the kzone campsite, again be sure to bring beer.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

....of course?...all engines will be idling to allow for " Manifold Destiny" cooking.....pass the potatoes , please...... :barebutt:
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

killyfan wrote:
killyfan wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
killyfan wrote:

j

Wow, such a troll (and I still think you are a dude with gay tendencies)
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

throbster wrote:
killyfan wrote:
killyfan wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
killyfan wrote:

j

Wow, such a troll (and I still think you are a dude with gay tendencies)
Well I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walk like a woman but talk like a man
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

DIS....dude (?)........changed teams?.....gone from shootin hoops....to shootin poops? :shock: Yiddle done made a fun-knee!
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

Thanks for the early morning laughs again.... great way to start the day. Unfortunately I can't participate in Bay 1 shenanigans. I work weekends - every weekend - all day long - so I'm a mid-week skier only. Plus there is way too much idling going on up there for me to want to associate! :-) Hahahahha!!!! I'll send the BF up if he can tear himself away from Pico - he has weekends off.
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

madhatter wrote:
killyfan wrote:
killyfan wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
killyfan wrote:

j

Who is HH? Has this thread been going on so long that I now need a spreadsheet in order to keep everyone straight? Or was that an HD miss-type? I almost never look at my computer in the evening, so sorry, I missed that opportunity to meet someone!