This Weekend

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

icedtea
Guru Poster

This Weekend

Post by icedtea »

On the fence about this weekend? Thoughts?

Weather looks extremely cold with no snow in sight per snowforecast.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: This Weekend

Post by RustyK »

Looking like a race ski day...flat and fast.

Due to the early day, there should be a kzone happy hour around 5PM on Saturday.
Bar at Mtn Green? Or other suggestions?
Where is Happy Hour ?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Just going to let those 40mph wind gusts push me into an early pub crawl weekend in celebration of my wife's birthday!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Mangy Moose 4pm Saturday :Toast
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (68.17 KiB) Viewed 3549 times
Forever .. Goat Path
AtomicWoody
Green Skidder

Post by AtomicWoody »

Were coming up Sunday.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

We'll be up so Capriccio's after 5 PM on Saturday sounds fine to me.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

tyrolean_skier wrote:We'll be up so Capriccio's after 5 PM on Saturday sounds fine to me.
I've seen the forecast: waiting to drink until 5 ain't happenin'.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

tyrolean_skier wrote:We'll be up so Capriccio's after 5 PM on Saturday sounds fine to me.
How is that place? Haven't been there yet. Do they finally have a good restaurant in there that might last more than a year or 2?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

rogman wrote:
headed south after today wanting nothing to do with the next couple days but the weekend could be better than expected as the mtn is planning an all-out unprecedented snowmaking blitz starting tomorrow. follow the guns ...

In order to take maximum advantage of the cold forecast, Mountain Ops will bring in several extra compressors, ramping up snowmaking capacity to a level never before seen in March. By mid-morning, we should see as many as 35 guns running on the lowest section of Great Eastern, and more guns on superstar, Skyelark, Snowshed, Highline, and Lower Chute. We predict a 100% chance of a Beast Blizzard this weekend in Killington.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

skiadikt wrote:
In order to take maximum advantage of the cold forecast, Mountain Ops will bring in several extra compressors, ramping up snowmaking capacity to a level never before seen in March. By mid-morning, we should see as many as 35 guns running on the lowest section of Great Eastern, and more guns on superstar, Skyelark, Snowshed, Highline, and Lower Chute. We predict a 100% chance of a Beast Blizzard this weekend in Killington.
Desparation setting in . . . polish the turd please . . It was in the 70's here today
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Sad. Very sad. I have resorted to mountain biking again. Trails are pristine down here. I'll come back when (if) winter returns.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Current forecast is for a high of 7 degrees on Saturday. WTF? Mother Nature is a bitch this year.
Don't Killington Pico
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

skiadikt wrote:
rogman wrote:
headed south after today wanting nothing to do with the next couple days but the weekend could be better than expected as the mtn is planning an all-out unprecedented snowmaking blitz starting tomorrow. follow the guns ...

Heading south soon after you. Decided to spend a few days in the big city rather than staying in Killington.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

3500 foot forecast:

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. Blustery, with a northwest wind 16 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph.

Saturday
Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 6. Very windy, with a northwest wind 37 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.

Wind chill at 6 am both mornings - 35 below. Winds will be northwest.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

10 hours of driving (round trip) to ski in this weather/snow surface? I doubt I'd get more time on skis than I would time spent behind the wheel. I'll pass.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit