Groundbreaking Rumor

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Re: Groundbreaking Rumor

Post by KingsFourMan »

derickson178 wrote:Uhh, maybe you should follow village progress before commenting. The final lawsuit was settled and permits are in process. Jay Peak, Stowe, Mt Snow, etc have all done major construction project as of recent in VT. It may not be easy, but is by no means impossible. There is a huge market for higher end R.E. with access to village and lifts. Stowe is almost sold out of their latest development as well as Loon. Killington has more snowmaking, longer season, more terrain, more uphill lift capacity, 2 gondolas, and MUCH better location relative to NY, CT, RI, MA, etc than Stowe. The village is part of the plan to bring Kton to the next level. The units will sell fine if they are indeed done along with new lodges and amenities.
I really don't think that market exists right now at Killington, that market went south to Okemo a long time ago. The process is to improve the mountain like Stowe and Okemo did at Spruce Peak and Jackson Gore, then build and sell high end real estate, not the other way around. Killington needs a lot of infrastructure work.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
GlacierBoy
Black Carver

Re: Groundbreaking Rumor

Post by GlacierBoy »

I agree with KingsFour. Our beloved Killington has serious infrastructure to improve upon just to catch up to Stowe, da Bush and Okemo. POWDR could make heir investment back in RE after they invest.