friday 3/17/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

friday 3/17/17 report

Post by skiadikt »

another spectacular day. great snow, sunshine & comfy temps. another tree day, the exceptions being lower o & breakaway. finished our day on a sun-baked breakaway. we used lower o as a connector. there was a huge ice dome down the center of the trail. fortunately there was just enough snow in the weeds to make it skiable. there were great bumps on lower wildfire & skelark. the one tree run that sucked was skye bits. it's one we rarely ski and it'll go back on that list. lots of crap. shaping up to be an awesome weekend.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
DES
Slalom Racer

Re: friday 3/17/17 report

Post by DES »

That was a beauty today! I agree, the trails will still be nice, but boy, we all got after it today! Not enough hours in a day...btw, today daytime and nighttime each 12 hours long.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Scale of 1-10 today was a 10 !
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Yes, the meter got pegged yesterday !

The snow at Vail East is indeed deep. :like
All their woods shots are in play.

That Access Rd is getting worse by the day. :sad:
Vail should start with a garage and monorail.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Thought about heading out earlier but very late night at the Clear River Tavern (open mike night: lots of great musicians are starting to show up for this on Thursday) precluded that.

Still, got in 4-1/2 non stop hours at Pico. In general very good, but proly less cover than at K. Had to be careful and woods were not great for the most part. They were running Outpost chair which was awesome for me.

Great day.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Captain Hafski wrote:Afternoon Report: Thought about heading out earlier but very late night at the Clear River Tavern (open mike night: lots of great musicians are starting to show up for this on Thursday) precluded that.

Still, got in 4-1/2 non stop hours at Pico. In general very good, but proly less cover than at K. Had to be careful and woods were not great for the most part. They were running Outpost chair which was awesome for me.

Great day.
Love the outpost pod. Did you get into the powerline?
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

icedtea wrote:
Captain Hafski wrote:Afternoon Report: Thought about heading out earlier but very late night at the Clear River Tavern (open mike night: lots of great musicians are starting to show up for this on Thursday) precluded that.

Great day.
Love the outpost pod. Did you get into the powerline?
Powerline or Pipeline (which is the one under the chair)? Not sure where power line is.

At Outpost, mostly skied under the chair and Bronco was very good (it had the best cover).

Higher up, Poma Woods were pretty good but I hit a foot deep snow snake with no warning.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!