Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Fatal car accident in Killington last night

Post by Bubba »

Crash in Killington claims the life of a Massachusetts man
WCAX News|4 hours ago

A single car crash in Killington claimed the life of a Massachusetts man.

Vermont State Police along with Killington Police responded to the scene around 1:30 this morning. The incident happened at the intersection of Tanglewood and Gina Drive. They say a Ford Focus driven by 25-year-old Stephen Driscoll, of Bedford, N.H. failed to negotiate the turn, left the roadway and struck a tree.

The passenger, 30-year-old Alejandro Phoenix of Rockland, MA was pronounced dead at the scene from significant head injuries. Police say he was not wearing a seat-belt.

Anyone who may have witnessed the crash is being asked to contact the Vermont State Police Rutland barracks.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skilab
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Fatal car accident in Killington last night

Post by skilab »

Terrible tragedy. Hard to believe an accident of that magnitude is possible at that location.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Speed and/or alcohol likely factors at that hour. That location doesn't seem all that difficult to navigate otherwise. And, of course, the deceased passenger wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Bubba wrote:Speed and/or alcohol likely factors at that hour. That location doesn't seem all that difficult to navigate otherwise. And, of course, the deceased passenger wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
We walk the dog down Tanglewood all the time, certainly not a difficult road to navigate.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Like they say, nothing good happens after midnight.