Bar and lift tour

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

biged
Slalom Racer

Bar and lift tour

Post by biged »

Kudos to the people who put on the bar and lift tour today. Did a significant portion of the lift part but was unworthy of the bar part. Great group and glad I was worthy of a portion of the tour.
borgy
Slalom Racer

Re: Bar and lift tour

Post by borgy »

biged wrote:Kudos to the people who put on the bar and lift tour today. Did a significant portion of the lift part but was unworthy of the bar part. Great group and glad I was worthy of a portion of the tour.

Yes, It was our 19th Annual Crack' o Noon Ski House Lift and Bar Tour. We had a late start when the Sunrise Triple (start and end point) was delayed opening for a half hour due to an electrical issue. Some decided to head back to Bear to start but our group waited it out. Another delay was the line at the Snowdon poma. We hit it at a time when all the racers were there plus they have taken off a bunch of the poma poles so there were long waits for a pole to come by. I saw some people in the tour getting off the poma when our group was at the top of Snowdon Quad.

Time was running out towards the end so it was decided to skip the Bear Mountain Quad and Bear bar all together. Our group made it though. We hit every lift and every bar on the official tour schedule.
I think 50 or so started, 4 of us completely finished. The rest of the bunch barely made it on the Skyehip Gondola at 4pm so that they could ski back to sunrise for the final bar and lots of munchies.

Lots of fun had by all!!!!!
1918 lives
GlacierBoy
Black Carver

Post by GlacierBoy »

Impressive! You guys kick ass. :like
And the low "8% graduation rate" shows that only the hard core can survive the booze, and also adapt to changing lift conditions!

Rumors spread even to us that the Lift and Bar Tour was on and we thought about trying to stalk y'all
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Saw some of the crew on the Supe chair.

Would of been there this year, but the woods were way to good (finally) to participate.

Maybe next year.
Where is Happy Hour ?
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

RustyK wrote:Saw some of the crew on the Supe chair.

Would of been there this year, but the woods were way to good (finally) to participate.

Maybe next year.
Ah Excuses--- That is why we skied Friday!!!
1918 lives
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Nice to see you guys at the Yurt. I can't drink that much so cannot participate and the skiing was too good.
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

GlacierBoy wrote:Impressive! You guys kick ass. :like
And the low "8% graduation rate" shows that only the hard core can survive the booze, and also adapt to changing lift conditions!

Rumors spread even to us that the Lift and Bar Tour was on and we thought about trying to stalk y'all
I stalked the tour, needed to bring my kids to KSC in the morning so I hit the first few lifts, then they where on my normal schedule. Needed to pay my condo fees at the end of the day so I went to the bar afterwards to listen to the gossip. Not worthy of the crowd who did the whole tour.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

As a long standing interloper I hit the tour again this year. Vermont Maple shakes at the Yurt were the best. Burke's Snow Bar was open again slopeside on Great Eastern were I manned a spot on the shot ski. Got on the second to last Skyeship gondola leaving Rt4. My DD grabbed me coming down Bear at quarter after 4 so I missed the last two bars and 1 lift. Great day. Thanks to The Crack of Noon house for letting us tag along.

Quote of the Day - Every Lift and bar is a full eight hour day.
Attachments
Sunrise Liftline.JPG
Sunrise Liftline.JPG (119.53 KiB) Viewed 324 times
Burke Snow Bar.JPG
Burke Snow Bar.JPG (140.54 KiB) Viewed 324 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.