Early week thaw?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

BlueDiamond
Beginner On Rentals

Early week thaw?

Post by BlueDiamond »

I was eyeing a trip to Killington this Wednesday-Friday, but looking at the forecast, it look like they're calling for temperatures the low 40s Monday and Tuesday. Should I be worried about a significant amount of the newly re-opened terrain being shut back down?
DES
Slalom Racer

Re: Early week thaw?

Post by DES »

Nope, don't worry about a thing...at most K will (potentially) lose a couple natural trails and/or glades that are on the trail map. (especially if your board name reflects your level of skiing ability...then I'm certain you'll have plenty of selection)
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

...and here the first thing that popped into my head was...
almonds.png
almonds.png (22.79 KiB) Viewed 644 times
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Actually, that was the 1st thing that popped into my head also...and it must of left a "subliminal message" also, because I went grocery shopping right after my post, and bought some (and I'm not typically an almond buyer, unless they're in "Hersey nuggets")!
BlueDiamond
Beginner On Rentals

Post by BlueDiamond »

Mwhaaa all part of our plot to drive up almond sales into the Killington, VT market.

Thanks for the response!
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

I'm not sure where you are looking, my forecast is calling for a slight break above freezing this afternoon only. Then for Tuesday in the 20's for a high, Wednesday being in the negatives.........Friday night into Saturday a slight stretch above freezing( 12-16 hrs)
Sergio2232
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Sergio2232 »

Hope the weather stays cool all through out vermont, and the hordes go wherever they went this weekend.