monday 3/20/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

monday 3/20/17 report

Post by skiadikt »

skied the morning shift. another beauty, unfortunately had to leave just as things were heating up. skied the bear to supe side and the groomers all skied well. solo so no trees but spent time in the bumps including mid o & lower skye lark which had pretty good lines. still on the firm/slick side was lower vert. the entrance is getting more challenging. things probably softened up nicely in the pm.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
DES
Slalom Racer

Re: monday 3/20/17 report

Post by DES »

Yup, another A+ day...a slight haze blocked the direct sun for a little while (around lunch-ish), so the snow "warmed" but didn't get mushy. I don't have much info to add, once I went down OL, every time I tried to ski one of the other 140ish trails open, I'd only get as far as the Skyship or Superstar chair, and decide to go back to OL again! It stayed great up til the end of the day. (oh, and same with me, checked a couple "not far from trails" woods, but they didn't do much for me)
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: monday 3/20/17 report

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Bluebird start kicking off the first day of spring. Comfortable summit temperature of 30 degrees with the sun shining. Crowds and visitors have all departed from last week’s powder party. Private gondola rides for our bevy was in vogue. Sweet fast groomed powder surface on Cascade had a lot grip. Powder stashes we hit on Bear had damp snow were it was easier to follow tracks than break new trail. Soft snow on Bear runs like Wildfire and Bear Claw churned like creamed butter under your skis. Leaving my friends tailgating in the sun was sad but the staycation is over so back to work I trudge.

Grade B+

Quote of the Day – Shaping up for a great skiing Spring run.
Attachments
Upper East Fall.JPG
Upper East Fall.JPG (126.06 KiB) Viewed 376 times
Damp Powder.JPG
Damp Powder.JPG (113 KiB) Viewed 376 times
Looking South.JPG
Looking South.JPG (72.08 KiB) Viewed 376 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.