Magic Mountain

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

biged
Slalom Racer

Magic Mountain

Post by biged »

My daughter had a race at magic mountain on Sunday, first time skiing there surprised at the mountain. Years ago someone use to post about Magic on this thread what happen to him?
icedtea
Guru Poster

Re: Magic Mountain

Post by icedtea »

biged wrote:My daughter had a race at magic mountain on Sunday, first time skiing there surprised at the mountain. Years ago someone use to post about Magic on this thread what happen to him?
Haven't been there in awhile, it has some good terrain. Also can ski down an abandoned resort on the backside.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

biged wrote:My daughter had a race at magic mountain on Sunday, first time skiing there surprised at the mountain. Years ago someone use to post about Magic on this thread what happen to him?
I think you might be talking about Lazeranimal. If so, he and his family moved to Florida where they run a golf course I believe. I don't know if he even skies anymore.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

I post bout Magic when I go there bout once a year. If they get enough snow [their historical average js not very high] its like a small sister to mad river.

Was very good when I went there mid Feb this year.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Always stuff on Magic at Alpinezone like this thread... http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread ... c-Mountain" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mallet
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Mallet »

How did your daughter do?
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

LOVE this hill.

FYI a friend of mine saved a guy's life at Magic on Sunday. He was there for his son's race (Big Ed - you may know him...) and was skiing off the top when he heard a ton of crashing noises coming from the woods. Turns out it was a person who had been jacked off the trail into the trees and was sliding into absolutely nowhere... My friend got to him right away and was able to send his wife down to get patrol while he cleared broken branches off him and started digging. (The guy was unconscious and buried.) Patrol told him that if he hadn't heard that happening that they never would have found the guy before it was too late. He was not in a place that they sweep regularly and there were no obvious tracks near the edge of the trail that patrol would have picked up on.
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...