Wednesday 22 March Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Wednesday 22 March Report

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Sun sparred with morning clouds winning most of the rounds. Summit temperature read 8 degrees as the wind moved the fresh fallen snow into sculpted piles. Little over two inches was much deeper in sheltered spots. All the canyon runs were winners with Double Dipper claiming the best surface. Friend took a good tumble as her race skis lacking float dug into the powder piles. Final race of the Ski Bum season was held on Highline for the fastest racers of the season. We cheered as our favorites cruised by. Springtime snowmaking season has kicked off with the guns lighting up Superstar. Wind was blowing the newly made stinging ice crystals clear across the groomed slope with very little clinging on. Sight of these guns running this late in the season made me smile. Hike up to Catwalk capped this surprise powder day.

Grade A-

Quote of the Day – It may be Spring but we still have a little winter to go in Vermont.
Attachments
Best Canyon Run.JPG
Best Canyon Run.JPG (112.73 KiB) Viewed 961 times
Guns of Spring.JPG
Guns of Spring.JPG (98.87 KiB) Viewed 961 times
Crash Coming.JPG
Crash Coming.JPG (70.98 KiB) Viewed 961 times
Go Sweet Peaks.JPG
Go Sweet Peaks.JPG (81.14 KiB) Viewed 961 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
liv4ski
Bumper

Re: Wednesday 22 March Report

Post by liv4ski »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Sight of these guns running this late in the season made me smile.
:like :like 
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Funny, it happened again today that it seemed the Needles Eye area was the coldest of the entire mt...once again I stayed mainly around Bear, but I finally made a trip up to take a run down Jug (I haven't skied that in at least 5 visits to K).

One thing I've noticed in the time I've been retired and skiing a lot, they could really use some kind of lift in that area...I can't believe I miss that goofy chair so much!
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

How was the cover/condition on Upper catwalk?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

DES wrote:Funny, it happened again today that it seemed the Needles Eye area was the coldest of the entire mt...once again I stayed mainly around Bear, but I finally made a trip up to take a run down Jug (I haven't skied that in at least 5 visits to K).

One thing I've noticed in the time I've been retired and skiing a lot, they could really use some kind of lift in that area...I can't believe I miss that goofy chair so much!
Even when it was there it never ran during the week.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Oh, I just meant that I like the "flow" of the jug trail, so when that lift was running, I'd repeat doing it quite a few times in a row...I wonder how long it would take to repeat taking that trail (maybe walking back up would be faster!).
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

DES wrote:Oh, I just meant that I like the "flow" of the jug trail, so when that lift was running, I'd repeat doing it quite a few times in a row...I wonder how long it would take to repeat taking that trail (maybe walking back up would be faster!).
We have discussed this over many a beer, likely around 45-50 minutes to lap the Jug...... Its similar to one of my favorites and that is about what it takes.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Seacoaster wrote:How was the cover/condition on Upper catwalk?
Sweet once you get past the drop in ice sheet. You can see the correct line by the tracks my buddy left.
Attachments
Catwalk.JPG
Catwalk.JPG (154.16 KiB) Viewed 354 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
Seacoaster wrote:How was the cover/condition on Upper catwalk?
Sweet once you get past the drop in ice sheet. You can see the correct line by the tracks my buddy left.
yep bash it or crash it....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Guy in Shorts wrote: drop in ice sheet.
Haven't had that one yet. Like the name though.