Weekend for the 25th and 26th

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RustyK
Whipping Post

Weekend for the 25th and 26th

Post by RustyK »

Trying to make the call to head up this weekend. Not looking pretty.

Any other weather forecasters getting a different reading on the weekend?

FRIDAY Snow likely in the morning...Then snow or r*in or sleet in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Highs in the upper 30s. South winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

FRIDAY NIGHT r*in likely. Lows in the mid 30s. Southwest winds around 10 mph. Chance of r*in 70 percent.

SATURDAY Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of r*in. Highs in the mid 40s. Light and variable winds.

SATURDAY NIGHT Mostly cloudy with a chance of r*in or snow or sleet. Lows in the mid 20s. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

SUNDAY r*in likely or a chance of sleet. Little or no sleet accumulation. Highs around 40. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

SUNDAY NIGHT r*in or sleet likely. Lows in the lower 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
Where is Happy Hour ?
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Re: Weekend for the 25th and 26th

Post by BoozeTan »

Im gonna go with this forecast and hope for the best

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Ki ... n/6day/mid
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Friday

Snow before 4pm, then snow and sleet. High near 36. Very windy, with a southwest wind 29 to 34 mph increasing to 40 to 45 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Night

r*in likely, mainly before 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Very windy, with a west wind 45 to 50 mph decreasing to 41 to 46 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday

A 40 percent chance of r*in. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Windy, with a north wind 24 to 29 mph decreasing to 11 to 16 mph in the afternoon. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday Night

A chance of r*in, snow, and sleet before 11pm, then a chance of snow and sleet between 11pm and 2am, then a chance of snow after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. North wind 8 to 13 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Sunday

Sleet likely before 3pm, then r*in and sleet likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Windy, with a south wind 23 to 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Sunday Night

r*in and sleet likely, becoming all sleet after 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Windy, with a south wind around 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
ImageImageImageImage
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Having looked at the forecast, we'll be staying home this weekend.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

If I remember correctly, weren't you kicking yourself last time you decided not to ski because of weather "forecasts"? (even though I'm not sure I'll be able to head up for either Sat or Sunday (have a few commitments) anyhow, if I do make Sunday, I doubt I'd regret it!)
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Days 0-3 Killington Peak Weather Summary: A moderate fall of snow, heaviest on Fri afternoon. Turning milder with moderate r*in (total 0.6in), heaviest on Fri night. Freeze-thaw conditions (max 37°F on Fri night, min 23°F on Fri morning). Winds decreasing (severe gales from the W on Fri night, calm by Sat night).
Where is Happy Hour ?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Rutvegas Air port holding at 30 and 31 IMBY. Mountain remained in the low to mid 20's up to 11 or so. Had steady snowfall with small accumulations. After lunch the snow pellets hit here in Otter Valley. Today was much better than initial reports; although the wind was picking up as I left. Steep side of Rt 4 was in bad shape while the Rutvegas side was mostly clear, except for the drivers doing 10 to 20 UNDER the speed limit. Hope the freeze isn't too bad so we can set up and get this race on highline completed. Get it while you can, just have a secondary plan (Long Trail Pub, etc.).
Oh yeah, be careful as the higher elevations was accumulating and freezing on the roads.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Memories of last week linger. :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:Rutvegas Air port holding at 30 and 31 IMBY. Mountain remained in the low to mid 20's up to 11 or so. Had steady snowfall with small accumulations. After lunch the snow pellets hit here in Otter Valley. Today was much better than initial reports; although the wind was picking up as I left. Steep side of Rt 4 was in bad shape while the Rutvegas side was mostly clear, except for the drivers doing 10 to 20 UNDER the speed limit. Hope the freeze isn't too bad so we can set up and get this race on highline completed. Get it while you can, just have a secondary plan (Long Trail Pub, etc.).
Oh yeah, be careful as the higher elevations was accumulating and freezing on the roads.
27.9* outside the 'hatterdome w 4 inches down and more falling...pellets mixed in but mostly snow so far as of 130pm...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

K website said r*in and:

Surface Conditions:
Machine Groomed/Frozen Granular

:dislike :evil:

And the woods were so nice last weekend....geez
Where is Happy Hour ?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

fwiw it had turned to sleet & freezing r*in when i left around 12:30 at least in supe area requiring constant goggle scraping. we don't see the sun until thursday.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

The r*in did fall Friday into Saturday covering metal surfaces with a thick ice coating. Fixed grips like the Snowdum quad rewarded our center seat occupant with nice dripped grease. Initial grade out of the gate was in the D to D- range. Rattled our way down Upper Mouse Run to Highline. Pea soup thick fog hid the leader of our pack but I still could hear her turning in front me as we descended. Vertigo made the simple act of standing still challenging. Met an old friend who was skiing with his 10 year old on the Fifth grade season passport and we toured them around. Almost lost the poor kid as he postholed into the drainage ditch in Bay 1 up to his shoulders. A weekend guest that stayed with us on Saturday night dislocated her elbow on Frolic at the end of the day. A real survival weekend it was.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.