friday 3/24/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

friday 3/24/17 report

Post by skiadikt »

a micrometer morning - about an inch so. skied the morning shift. opened on the canyon front 3. double dip skied well with the new "pow". the groomers on bear skied well. hit upper needles to mid/low vertigo. at the crossover looked like vertigo had a nice coating of pow. uh-uh. dropped down the middle uncovering glare ice. the pow eased the pain somewhat on otherwise crispy bumps. mid o groomed & old supe bumps skied surprisingly well. best snow of the day no surprise was on supe. closed out on the bumps on lower skye lark which were mostly good. multiple goggle scrapings per run sent me home at my scheduled time.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Snowboardgod
Blue Chatterbox

Re: friday 3/24/17 report

Post by Snowboardgod »

Pico was in great shape today!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

The new snow helped softening the moguls on the natural trails. Groomers with the new coating skied very well all over. The trees had the good snow especially after the icy coating, Unfortunately for me I took a fall on the way to Upper Chute and landed badly on my right hand which resulted in a broken wrist. Dr. Gammon reset it and wrapped it and I am now in a sling. Can't use my right hand and need to keep it elevated. Need to go back and see him next week at which point he will probably put a cast on it. He said 6 weeks to full recovery.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

tyrolean_skier wrote: a broken wrist.
Yikes!

Sorry to hear that.
Tabe
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Tabe »

That sucks!At least you didn't do it on my recommendation of Lower O.Heal quick.
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

So sorry to hear that you got hurt today Troylean_skier
I hope you get better soon.
Last edited by Finn on Mar 24th, '17, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

tyrolean_skier wrote:The new snow helped softening the moguls on the natural trails. Groomers with the new coating skied very well all over. The trees had the good snow especially after the icy coating, Unfortunately for me I took a fall on the way to Upper Chute and landed badly on my right hand which resulted in a broken wrist. Dr. Gammon reset it and wrapped it and I am now in a sling. Can't use my right hand and need to keep it elevated. Need to go back and see him next week at which point he will probably put a cast on it. He said 6 weeks to full recovery.
Feel better soon.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Rats, best of luck on a speedy recovery!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

tyrolean_skier wrote:The new snow helped softening the moguls on the natural trails. Groomers with the new coating skied very well all over. The trees had the good snow especially after the icy coating, Unfortunately for me I took a fall on the way to Upper Chute and landed badly on my right hand which resulted in a broken wrist. Dr. Gammon reset it and wrapped it and I am now in a sling. Can't use my right hand and need to keep it elevated. Need to go back and see him next week at which point he will probably put a cast on it. He said 6 weeks to full recovery.
Wow, that's too bad. Sorry to hear. Dr. Gammons has worked on H's shoulder from time to time and advised on her hip until surgery was needed, but anyone at VOC is really good so you're in good hands. Assume you fell coming off the Snowdon quad?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

so sorry to hear ty. heal quickly. after all the tuff stuff you ski, sounds like it happened in a very low stress area.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

she had gotten off the triple and was skiing over to do Great Bear
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

heal up quick Ty!!! Best wishes...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Sorry to hear.....heal well and soon.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Are you going to pull a Lindsey Vonn and duct tape a ski pole to your hand/wrist so you can ski?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

f.a.s.t. wrote:Are you going to pull a Lindsey Vonn and duct tape a ski pole to your hand/wrist so you can ski?
I am going to give it a try once I have a cast on.