friday 3/24/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

GSKI
Powderhound

Re: friday 3/24/17 report

Post by GSKI »

Here is an idea..ski without poles! It has been done and it might improve your technique if it can be improved. You certainly would not want to plant the pole on you bad hand very hard. Thanks for all the reports.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

I recommend skiing with just one pole in your good hand (more for pushing up to/off of lifts, and also just because you're accustomed to having them in your hands) if you're going to try anything. I tried the taping the pole on for a day, and it didn't really hurt much at the time, but that night (and for a few days after) I had a bad burning sensation along with pain...I feel the slight shock of each pole plant wouldn't be in your best interest!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

GSKI wrote:Here is an idea..ski without poles! It has been done and it might improve your technique if it can be improved. You certainly would not want to plant the pole on you bad hand very hard. Thanks for all the reports.
mrs hatter is having a repetitive use issue w one of her hands so we did this last wed...definitely improves technique and/or magnifies flaws...it was actually rather fun too...just remember to ski to the high point before ya stop...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:Are you going to pull a Lindsey Vonn and duct tape a ski pole to your hand/wrist so you can ski?
I am going to give it a try once I have a cast on.
Sorry to hear. I would definitely ski without poles. Stay on mild terrain away from trees and bumps.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I was thinking of skiing with only one pole and only skiing on easier terrain and slowly. This injury occurred on the easy terrain at the top of Chute.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Follow the advice of your doctor.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

tyrolean_skier wrote:I was thinking of skiing with only one pole and only skiing on easier terrain and slowly. This injury occurred on the easy terrain at the top of Chute.
Stay off that easy stuff :mrgreen: - seems some of your other injuries have occurred on flatter terrain :|

I'll ski with you when you're ready to give it a try :wink: Hope you're not feeling too much discomfort!!! Feel better 8)
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

1st day in Colorado Twiggy could not move his hand. Doc said he fractured it while Cat skiing 2 weeks prior to that day. Doc was about to put a cast on him when twiggy asked if he could mold it around the ski pole. Doc reached into his closet, pulled out a ski pole and BOOM, he skied the next 6 weeks with the cast shaped to hold a ski pole. Improved his skiing until they cut the cast off. Doesn't hurt to ask.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

MrsG wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:I was thinking of skiing with only one pole and only skiing on easier terrain and slowly. This injury occurred on the easy terrain at the top of Chute.
Stay off that easy stuff :mrgreen: - seems some of your other injuries have occurred on flatter terrain :|

I'll ski with you when you're ready to give it a try :wink: Hope you're not feeling too much discomfort!!! Feel better 8)
you're right mrsg, she's fine on steep, gnarly, icy tree runs - she just hasn't figured out how to ski flats yet. no snowshed for her :lol:
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

brownman wrote:Follow the advice of your doctor.

:Toast
:like :like :like Doing anything else is just foolish. As I recall, Ty ignored her doctor following a knee injury and that didn't work out very well. Hopefully, that negative experience serves as a good learning experience for this time.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Ty, suck it up and do as the doctor tells you. Hurting it worse is just not a smart thing. Heal Well!
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Gods speed .Get well soon. Please listen to your doc. There is always next season. It starts sooner in South America. Good luck Ty.