NCAA Elite Eight Saturday, 3/25

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

NCAA Elite Eight Saturday, 3/25

Post by MrsG »

Going to be a lot of 'day drinking' today . . . some of the scariest skiing I've ever done - total whiteout fog, and slick conditions!! The slickness was certainly manageable, the the visibility was treacherous. If you did not know the mountain, it could get pretty dangerous. Started on the K1 and headed to Northridge thinking the higher elevation had better visibility . . . wrong, could not see the person 30 feet in front of you. Decided to call it a day and ended up going to Bear to avoid launch pad - a little better, but still a challenge. Finding the right turn on Bear Trax would have been impossible for anyone not knowing the mountain, as was High Traverse earlier. Bitter/High Road had a softer surface, but I was glad I take them almost everyday and knew where the turns were - Snowshed also a total whiteout until the last third. Home now for chores breathing a sigh of relief . . . ok, maybe I'm a wimp - BUT :shock:
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: NCAA Elite Eight Saturday, 3/25

Post by Bubba »

MrsG wrote:Going to be a lot of 'day drinking' today . . . some of the scariest skiing I've ever done - total whiteout fog, and slick conditions!! The slickness was certainly manageable, the the visibility was treacherous. If you did not know the mountain, it could get pretty dangerous. Started on the K1 and headed to Northridge thinking the higher elevation had better visibility . . . wrong, could not see the person 30 feet in front of you. Decided to call it a day and ended up going to Bear to avoid launch pad - a little better, but still a challenge. Finding the right turn on Bear Trax would have been impossible for anyone not knowing the mountain, as was High Traverse earlier. Bitter/High Road had a softer surface, but I was glad I take them almost everyday and knew where the turns were - Snowshed also a total whiteout until the last third. Home now for chores breathing a sigh of relief . . . ok, maybe I'm a wimp - BUT :shock:
When I can't see across the road, discretion is the better part of valor. We stayed in bed.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: NCAA Elite Eight Saturday, 3/25

Post by Dr. NO »

Across the road would have been nice. If you got away from the trees, like most intersections, you were blind. Glad they groomed if not a bit too early last night. 2 runs and I gave up. Hope nobody got hammered due to the fog.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?