Winter improvements?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Re: Winter improvements?

Post by jimmywilson69 »

Longest seasons in the east is branding/marketing. You are in the minority if you think that its stupid...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

jimmywilson69 wrote:Longest seasons in the east is branding/marketing. You are in the minority if you think that its stupid...
daytripper wrote:
So if you are taking away the blackout passes and plan to make me pay more money this year, what do I get for it. Give me a new SRT, some interconnect lifts, stop the grease from falling on me when I ride the Snowdon quad. Maybe then I could accept the price increase. I don't want to here about snowmaking upgrades (those aren't improvements, that's just operating expenses) new mulch or roller coasters. Are you going to step up K? It would be great if Mike or Jeff would chime in here and tell us what if anything gonna be done this summer to significantly improve my winter experience.

And who cares that they have the "longest season in the east" WTF cares to ski your measly 10 trails? I certainly dont, and I dont think this is something to boast about when there are so much other things that need attention. Stop wasting money on making a giant glacier on superstar every year and actually INVEST in your sh*t...
being open a month plus before and after the start/close dates of most other vt resorts is HUGE...even bigger when they try to give K a run for it's money and inevitably fail... K is uniquely situated to have great late season skiing top to bottom via the very fast and reliable superstar lift w almost no run out at all...

combine w the fact that their very good and steadily improving summer attractions and particularly their downhill bike park open and close as the ski season closes/opens and you have a year round program where two great sport that go great together forma a nearly seamless transition...

K full pass, premium pass whatever you want to call it w the bike park add on gets you year round access every day K is open for about 100 bux a month...no one else has that in the northeast that I know of...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Sergio2232 wrote: And who cares that they have the "longest season in the east" WTF cares to ski your measly 10 trails? I certainly dont, and I dont think this is something to boast about when there are so much other things that need attention. Stop wasting money on making a giant glacier on superstar every year and actually INVEST in your sh*t...
It's not about how many trails. After mid April almost everyone else closes and Killington still has Skye Bitter Supe. Goggle tans and bands on the deck. After you lose Skyelark it's all bumps all the time. People come from all over New England to ski. It's a thing. Maybe that's not your thing, but we don't complain (well, most of us don't) about racing on Bunny, the Super Pipe, terrain parks, bike paths chopping up Tinman, World Cup mayhem, or money "wasted" on grooming too much. Any of those might be your thing. Maybe 140 trails is your thing. Fine, ski in February. Mother nature dictates one trail in May, and I'm sure there are many hundreds of folks that are just fine with that.

If you want a new heated bubble chair, Okemo season passes are on sale, and they don't waste any money on opening in October or skiing in May.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Mister Moose wrote:Bike paths chopping up Tinman

Donald Trump, POTUS wrote:Huge problem. Really bad
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote:
Sergio2232 wrote: And who cares that they have the "longest season in the east" WTF cares to ski your measly 10 trails? I certainly dont, and I dont think this is something to boast about when there are so much other things that need attention. Stop wasting money on making a giant glacier on superstar every year and actually INVEST in your sh*t...
It's not about how many trails. After mid April almost everyone else closes and Killington still has Skye Bitter Supe. Goggle tans and bands on the deck. After you lose Skyelark it's all bumps all the time. People come from all over New England to ski. It's a thing. Maybe that's not your thing, but we don't complain (well, most of us don't) about racing on Bunny, the Super Pipe, terrain parks, bike paths chopping up Tinman, World Cup mayhem, or money "wasted" on grooming too much. Any of those might be your thing. Maybe 140 trails is your thing. Fine, ski in February. Mother nature dictates one trail in May, and I'm sure there are many hundreds of folks that are just fine with that.

If you want a new heated bubble chair, Okemo season passes are on sale, and they don't waste any money on opening in October or skiing in May.
:like
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skixc2
Black Carver

Post by skixc2 »

ski wrote:

lmfao :lol:
Raise 'Em Jay
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

skixc2 wrote:
ski wrote:

lmfao :lol:
Donald Trump, POTUS wrote:Believe me, they will pay for it
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

If you want a new heated bubble chair, Okemo season passes are on sale, and they don't waste any money on opening in October or skiing in May.[/quote]

:like :like :like
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

Sergio2232 wrote:
daytripper wrote:So if you are taking away the blackout passes and plan to make me pay more money this year, what do I get for it. Give me a new SRT, some interconnect lifts, stop the grease from falling on me when I ride the Snowdon quad. Maybe then I could accept the price increase. I don't want to here about snowmaking upgrades (those aren't improvements, that's just operating expenses) new mulch or roller coasters. Are you going to step up K? It would be great if Mike or Jeff would chime in here and tell us what if anything gonna be done this summer to significantly improve my winter experience.
And who cares that they have the "longest season in the east" WTF cares to ski your measly 10 trails? I certainly dont, and I dont think this is something to boast about when there are so much other things that need attention. Stop wasting money on making a giant glacier on superstar every year and actually INVEST in your sh*t...
Myself and many others based on what I have seen come out until the lift finally shuts down. Spring isn't your thing no problem but a lot of us think you are so far off base. Longest season is one of the big points to me. I can get more days in before and after than most pass holders to other areas in NE. you are bored on limited terrain that's fine but you speak for yourself.
Ski It If You Can!..
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Killington_Lover wrote:
Sergio2232 wrote:
daytripper wrote:So if you are taking away the blackout passes and plan to make me pay more money this year, what do I get for it. Give me a new SRT, some interconnect lifts, stop the grease from falling on me when I ride the Snowdon quad. Maybe then I could accept the price increase. I don't want to here about snowmaking upgrades (those aren't improvements, that's just operating expenses) new mulch or roller coasters. Are you going to step up K? It would be great if Mike or Jeff would chime in here and tell us what if anything gonna be done this summer to significantly improve my winter experience.
Myself and many others based on what I have seen come out until the lift finally shuts down. Spring isn't your thing no problem but a lot of us think you are so far off base. Longest season is one of the big points to me. I can get more days in before and after than most pass holders to other areas in NE. you are bored on limited terrain that's fine but you speak for yourself.
count me in the "many others" group. the long season is the primary reason why i made k my ski home many moons ago. and if you cant find fun on supe and the spring apre-scene, then like moose said, there's always okemo.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
bruceol
Green Skidder

Post by bruceol »

how can you not like the spring seen on superstar??? I , like many others, enjoy the long spring season on Superstar!! I wanna ski spring bumps!!! The music is playing, the grills are grilling, drinks are flowing, the snow is soft....You don't like that?? POKEMO IS RIGHT DOWN THE STREET!!!!! KILLINGTON also has...the one and only...OUTER LIMITS !!! MOGULS AND OUTER LIMITS FOREVER!!!!

or Pokemo??. The Okemo golf course is open....the bus for Okemo already left...
Sergio2232
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Sergio2232 »

you fanboys are hilarious
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Sergio2232 wrote:you fanboys are hilarious
yeah I'm sure those sour grapes taste great :roll:

honestly I'll take a nice spring day of bumping on superstar w numerous other like minded folks than an MLK or presidents week powder day any time...and a spring like the last two were is always something to be relished...to each his own...

K365
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

Sergio2232 wrote:you fanboys are hilarious
Nothing funnier to us than you fair weather gapers who can't come out unless it is 100% open, sunny and 34.5 degrees with 0 wind. don't like pre or late season? Go to any other mountain, they close early and open late. Sounds like your kind of place bud.... but please tell the K faithful how the length of season is a marketing gimmick... if the long season means we don't get a new lift every 5 years great. I will take my hero snow bumps into late spring while you go about whatever your lame ass spring activities are. There are all ages out there soaking the sun and bashing some bumps. It is THE spring scene in NE, something tells me you probably are a hack in the bumps..don't like what you see here? Gtfo I'm sure you would be more welcome at okemo, flatton, or perhaps with those Stowe and jay yuppies. Edit: right weren't you the guy who bought at The Woods? And you are complaining with Ks CapEx? Sounds like you are a real winner man...
Last edited by Killington_Lover on May 4th, '17, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
Ski It If You Can!..
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

I hate coming out in April and May to ski bumps, hang on the access and tan my face and hands!
When's that next bus to Pokemon, or that stretch limo to flatton?

(And yes the thousands who flock here for the last of the lift-served skiing in the east will agree. These pics were taken near or after last chair. When the light is best and there's no longer any hurry to catch a chair)
Attachments
image.png
image.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 390 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (116.86 KiB) Viewed 391 times
image.png
image.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 393 times
image.png
image.png (1.7 MiB) Viewed 394 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (150.82 KiB) Viewed 394 times