World Cup Announcement

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

liv4ski
Bumper

Re: World Cup Announcement

Post by liv4ski »

Anyone remember how soon after the official announcement K offered grandstand tix last year? If I recall, they sold out in one day and then K offered more tickets much later.
eagle628
Green Skidder

Post by eagle628 »

hillbangin wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:Why does the newest release of the Drift say: . "We also announced that the Audi FIS Ski World Cup is likely to come back to Killington in November 2017"

So it's not a done deal?
I believe there is a ceremonial approval then it's a done deal and they release the official schedule - it's 99.5%
The phrase I remember some K official using in a news article was that K/FIS are engaged now, they just have to have the wedding ceremony.
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

Improvements for the course announced:

Improvements planned for successful Killington World Cup

On Thursday, 8 June, FIS officials joined members of the Killington World Cup Organizing Committee and representatives from the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) and Killington Resort under blue skies at a site inspection to plan ahead for the next two years of ladies’ tech racing at the Vermont (USA) venue. With patches of snow still covering the Superstar trail, everyone in attendance was enthusiastic for the return to Killington this coming November.

Never one to rest on his laurels, Killington World Cup LOC Chair Herwig Demschar is planning several improvements over the inaugural race last year with even more spectacles on tap for the 2017 edition.

“What you see compared to last year is I think people are really confident about their roles now. In the team we had a picture of what it was going to be, and even myself – to be honest – I didn’t expect that many spectators either. I thought if we had 10,000 we were going to be good," Demschar said with a chuckle. "But being confident doesn’t mean that we are going to grow complacent. Anything we can do better we want to do better, and it’s great to work with a team like this. It’s humbling for me, and it’s really fun.”

Both the giant slalom and slalom race starts will be moved further up the hill, making the run times slightly longer. In GS, the start will begin 10 vertical meters higher than in 2016 on a plateau at the top of the Superstar lift which will add one turning gate prior to Upper Headwall. The slalom start is approximately 70 meters higher up than last season which will add more than a handful of additional turns to the beginning of the course.

Killington’s Director of Mountain Operations Jeff Temple noted that his team has made further snowmaking improvements already, swapping out the nozzles on the tower guns lining Superstar to enable production in even more marginal temperatures heading into the fall of 2017. With favorable snowmaking conditions, Killington also hopes to offer extended training opportunities to visiting teams which plan to arrive in advance of the ladies’ GS and slalom races scheduled for 25-26 November.
My guess is that they changed all the SV10 nozzels on each head to be optimized for warmer temps, not just the sets normally on the heads already.
winter
Blue Chatterbox

Post by winter »

The SnowLogic towers have interchangeable nozzles (4 of them).

I think that's what they meant since the towers on Superstar are SnowLogic.

http://www.snowlogicusa.com/tower/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Just announced on FB tickets go on sale September 7, details to be announced late August.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

winter wrote:The SnowLogic towers have interchangeable nozzles (4 of them).

I think that's what they meant since the towers on Superstar are SnowLogic.

http://www.snowlogicusa.com/tower/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This should also help out mid season with improved (drier) snow quality from these guns, vs. the hardpack they normally produce.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

When do tickets go on sale? Clocks ticking.
snow4all
Blue Chatterbox

Post by snow4all »

ANGUS wrote:When do tickets go on sale? Clocks ticking.
That would be Sept 7th.
http://www.killington.com/site/to-do/Wo ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;