World Cup Announcement

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: World Cup Announcement

Post by madhatter »

daytripper wrote:Did they mention what they are replacing it with?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

BoozeTan wrote:it will be a fixed grip quad on South Ridge
Hopefully with a loading carpet so it will be able to travel faster.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Big Bob wrote:
Hopefully with a loading carpet so it will be able to travel faster.
Does this mean Snowdon moves to SR as planned, or is SR getting a different fixed grip (new or used?)?
ImageImageImageImage
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Killington Gets the World Cup For Next 2 years

http://vtskiandride.com/world-cup-returns-killington/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Meh. Needs a fast double chair.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

From Vermont Biz

World Cup skiing returns to Killington Thanksgiving weekend

http://vermontbiz.com/news/april/world- ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Highway Star wrote:
Meh. Needs a fast double chair.
I actually agree with HS on this; I'd rather they not have to widen the Jug to accommodate it. Perhaps they can add a carpet loader, or barring that, in flight food and beverage service. Whatever, it wasn't called the South Fridge for nothing.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

A quad like the new Mall chair at Sugarbush would be okay. Also, it will now be a straight shot to the top, so that should shorten the ride a bit.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

[quote="throbster"]A quad like the new Mall chair at Sugarbush would be okay. Also, it will now be a straight shot to the top, so that should shorten the ride a bit.[/quote

Along with the new alignment, which is mostly in the trees so the wind may not be as bad as the last location.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

The old return line was designed to run over the towers without the loading of passengers. So there is a strong possibility that the towers were installed with a certain lower capacity design limit, which made their cost lower. So I would expect to see something installed there along the lines of a double or triple with spacing adequate to limit the max loading on any one tower under worse case conditions.

As long as it moves uphill at a high feet per minute rate, that would meet the needs of 98% of users. Going uphill with some tree protection on both sides will certainly be a welcome feature.

Getting a chair there should instigate the need for 2 new trails and a couple of glades. Whatever the pitch of the hill allows, take it and use it. Capitalize on the investment, create a buzz, make customers excited and happy.

Moving the snowdon quad there would be acceptable as long as they fix the issues that create stoppages, slowdowns, slow feet per minute. My confidence is low that these negative performances would go away without some serious engineering and upgrading by Killington.

Replace the snowdon quad with something reliable, and move the old apparatus to the village, so the residents can ride it in a circle around the property and go Ooh and Ahh.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

da Pimp wrote:The old return line was designed to run over the towers without the loading of passengers. So there is a strong possibility that the towers were installed with a certain lower capacity design limit, which made their cost lower. So I would expect to see something installed there along the lines of a double or triple with spacing adequate to limit the max loading on any one tower under worse case conditions.

As long as it moves uphill at a high feet per minute rate, that would meet the needs of 98% of users. Going uphill with some tree protection on both sides will certainly be a welcome feature.

Getting a chair there should instigate the need for 2 new trails and a couple of glades. Whatever the pitch of the hill allows, take it and use it. Capitalize on the investment, create a buzz, make customers excited and happy.

Moving the snowdon quad there would be acceptable as long as they fix the issues that create stoppages, slowdowns, slow feet per minute. My confidence is low that these negative performances would go away without some serious engineering and upgrading by Killington.

Replace the snowdon quad with something reliable, and move the old apparatus to the village, so the residents can ride it in a circle around the property and go Ooh and Ahh.
They already announced a fixed grip quad will be going there.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

da Pimp wrote:The old return line was designed to run over the towers without the loading of passengers. So there is a strong possibility that the towers were installed with a certain lower capacity design limit, which made their cost lower. So I would expect to see something installed there along the lines of a double or triple with spacing adequate to limit the max loading on any one tower under worse case conditions.

It will be brand new Quad, all new equipment and towers, up to modern codes e.c.t.

I now HIGHLY doubt you will EVER see K re-use that old Frankenlift known as the Snowdon Quad. Neither will it be replaced UNTIL it's replacement fits into their construction plans for the "Village" and K-1 base area. Makes zero sense to swap it out any sooner, as badly as MOST of us wish it would be.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Would they be allowed to cut 2 more trails up there? Above 3500 feet and isn't it black bear habitat? Who owns the land there? Killington or the government?
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

A couple new trails would be nice and a lot more days with the lift running than previously when they just ran it weekends Jan-Mar...
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

daytripper wrote:Would they be allowed to cut 2 more trails up there? Above 3500 feet and isn't it black bear habitat? Who owns the land there? Killington or the government?
Bring back Echo Woods!!!!
Don't Killington Pico