Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Re: Bear Mountain Renovation

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

killyfan wrote:
yiddle on da fiddle wrote:
killyfan wrote:
Big Bob wrote:NH doesn't want you spending all your money on heat. They want you to buy scratch tickets and booze on the interstate highways. You also need money to register your sleds and ATV's and buy hunting and fishing licenses. It is in your best interest I can assure you!
Killyfan would approve, I am sure of that also.
Approve of an energy code? Or approve of the spending on scratch tickets, booze, sleds, ATV's, animal murdering licenses, etc...?

I'm confused - maybe I need another cup of coffee...
Substitute "confused" for........painfully sanctimonious and annoying. Yup...thats it...
Waaait a minute... I get sh*t on for making fun of myself too? WTF? I truly did not understand Big Bob's paragraph - and was honestly a tad bit brain dead at that moment due to the cat waking us up at 2:30am with the "let's bring a live mouse into the bedroom" game, and just wanted him to clarify his position. So I poke fun at my own lack of brain power that morning and Yiddle still doesn't like it. Hmmm....
...damm...T'sfardayah...Keenem....Killyfan...( SOME will get this...)
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Big Bob wrote:
SkiDork wrote:at BMMC my Verizon was 4 bars. Did they do something?
Yes, they did. Upstairs on the front wall is a Verizon booster mounted above the windows. I can now carry a call down to Rt 4 without dropping it! Also, if your phone has WIFI capability , allow that to be used by going into settings.
My reception is 0 at Bear and I don't have Verizon. I don't really care that much. I can live with no reception at Bear. I hardly ever use my phone on the mountain except to text someone to see if they're out skiing. I'd rather enjoy the outdoors. I really don't use my phone much at home either except for a little texting.
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

killyfan wrote:
killyfan wrote:
Big Bob wrote:NH doesn't want you spending all your money on heat. They want you to buy scratch tickets and booze on the interstate highways. You also need money to register your sleds and ATV's and buy hunting and fishing licenses. It is in your best interest I can assure you!
Killyfan would approve, I am sure of that also.
Approve of an energy code? Or approve of the spending on scratch tickets, booze, sleds, ATV's, animal murdering licenses, etc...?

I'm confused - maybe I need another cup of coffee...
Substitute "confused" for........painfully sanctimonious and annoying. Yup...thats it...
Waaait a minute... I get sh*t on for making fun of myself too? WTF? I truly did not understand Big Bob's paragraph - and was honestly a tad bit brain dead at that moment due to the cat waking us up at 2:30am with the "let's bring a live mouse into the bedroom" game, and just wanted him to clarify his position. So I poke fun at my own lack of brain power that morning and Yiddle still doesn't like it. Hmmm....
...damm...T'sfardayah...Keenem....Killyfan...( SOME will get this...)
YDF - I think we need to have a beer... When/where would you like to meet? PM me if you are up for this.
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

RENO wrote:
Big Bob wrote:
Yes, they did. Upstairs on the front wall is a Verizon booster mounted above the windows. I can now carry a call down to Rt 4 without dropping it! Also, if your phone has WIFI capability , allow that to be used by going into settings.
My reception is 0 at Bear and I don't have Verizon. I don't really care that much. I can live with no reception at Bear. I hardly ever use my phone on the mountain except to text someone to see if they're out skiing. I'd rather enjoy the outdoors. I really don't use my phone much at home either except for a little texting.
That agrees with the other folks at BMMC who had non-Verizon phones.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

SkiDork wrote:
RENO wrote:
Big Bob wrote:
Can you hear me now guy says Sprint has over 99% coverage of Verizon. Guess Bear Mtn falls into that 1% area of missing coverage.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
SkiDork wrote:
RENO wrote:
Big Bob wrote:
Can you hear me now guy says Sprint has over 99% coverage of Verizon. Guess Bear Mtn falls into that 1% area of missing coverage.
99% reliability, not coverage... Advertising twist got u.
ImageImageImageImage
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Found this on the Act 250 site that K filed for some proposed UTV trails. Really gives a good idea of who owns what at K. What a mess! :?
https://anrweb.vt.gov/PubDocs/ANR/Plann ... %2017B.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GnarDawg
Green Skidder

Post by GnarDawg »

Has any work begun on the Renovation?
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Not supposed to start until next summer. A lot of planned development everywhere and nothing started yet. I'll believe it when I actually see it.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
SkiDork wrote:
RENO wrote:
Big Bob wrote:
Doesn't Sprint roam on Verizons network? I do know that Verizon does not roam on Sprints towers.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

Looks great to me Mike :like , now bring back Old Sunrise and I'm all good.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

A little more information in this article:
http://www.rutlandherald.com/articles/b ... ng-change/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

● The zoning change reassigns 16 acres of the town’s Forest Reserve District on Bear Mountain to the abutting Ski Village District... Height regulations will also be amended to allow a maximum building height of 47 feet, or five stories, with a maximum roof- peak height of 68 feet.

● six multi- unit buildings and 18 duplexes containing approximately 130 units

● Malone said. “We always pre-sell before we build. We sell off the units that will enable us to pay off our construction debt. When the downturn came the last time, we didn’t have any unsold inventory.”

● Sunrise by itself comprises 258 units altogether.

So it sounds like 6 buildings of 16 units each, being fairly tall at up to 5 floors. Buildings won't be built until they are pre-sold. Phase 1 at just under 100 units represents a 37% increase at Sunrise. How long did Sunrise take to build? Seems like way longer than a pace of 50 units/year.

Recent condo sales are running at 50-75 sales per year. Even if they capture a third of that market, that's an absorbtion rate of 20-25 units per year. To sell 50 units per year they would need to capture nearly 100% of the current condo market, which seems more than mildly optimistic. Sunrise was built over more than 20 years, which averages only 13 units/year. If they sell 25 units per year it's a 4 year build for phase 1, and maybe longer.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Mike Solimano, president and general manager of Killington Mountain Resort, sees Bear Mountain as an all-around win.

He said in an email, “… the lack of a substantial amount of ski-on, ski-off housing has been a challenge for the resort and our guests. Guests want easy access to the slopes.”

He also sees the Bear Mountain expansion as a catalyst for the area’s economic growth.

“ The key to successful ski villages is having enough critical mass of guests around to create a great vibe that others want to be part of,” he said. “We clearly have critical mass of people in the winter.”

So why aren't they building condos on the side of Snowshed, the Vale lot, and down great eastern from the triple to rams head?

I love Bear - but it is completely off the grid at night and the other 3 seasons. And early and late season in the 'winter'.

It will never have a 'vibe' - it's an outpost.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

hillbangin wrote:Mike Solimano, president and general manager of Killington Mountain Resort, sees Bear Mountain as an all-around win.

He said in an email, “… the lack of a substantial amount of ski-on, ski-off housing has been a challenge for the resort and our guests. Guests want easy access to the slopes.”

He also sees the Bear Mountain expansion as a catalyst for the area’s economic growth.

“ The key to successful ski villages is having enough critical mass of guests around to create a great vibe that others want to be part of,” he said. “We clearly have critical mass of people in the winter.”

So why aren't they building condos on the side of Snowshed, the Vale lot, and down great eastern from the triple to rams head?

I love Bear - but it is completely off the grid at night and the other 3 seasons. And early and late season in the 'winter'.

It will never have a 'vibe' - it's an outpost.
The Snowshed village must be on life support. That's the only reason I could see for starting the Bear project. Why would you be in direct competition with 2 villages? POWDR owns part of the planned village development. Last I read a developer was supposed to have been lined up by this past August for the village. Haven't heard a positive word since. I think that was just short of a year ago.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Apples?...meet Oranges. Sheesh.......