Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Bear Mountain Renovation

Post by Bubba »

killyfan wrote:
brownman wrote:
Thank you Jean Claude.
Although, that's a trail map with some added colors.
A plan usually involves a lot more detail.
Let us know if they build anything like above. :like
A new lift matters to many .. the rest, not so much.

:Toast
Yes, I do know the difference between "architectural plans" and "ideas." (My sister owns an architectural firm...) My apologies for my misuse of the word "plan." But I do think that there was a LOT more in that presentation that was incredibly interesting and matters to many of us other than the lift at Bear. That, I could take or leave. I've skied here with and without it, and it's fine either way as far as I'm concerned. For me it's more about the lodge revamping and how its energy consumption will compare to the old lodge. It would be REALLY nice to see an NZEB building there when this is finished. I can only hope that the condos/townhomes/whatever else they will put up will be constructed with energy conservation in mind.
Idle conversation...
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Technical foul 8)
Forever .. Goat Path
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Big Bob wrote:
killyfan wrote:
brownman wrote:
Thank you Jean Claude.

Yes, I do know the difference between "architectural plans" and "ideas." (My sister owns an architectural firm...) My apologies for my misuse of the word "plan." But I do think that there was a LOT more in that presentation that was incredibly interesting and matters to many of us other than the lift at Bear. That, I could take or leave. I've skied here with and without it, and it's fine either way as far as I'm concerned. For me it's more about the lodge revamping and how its energy consumption will compare to the old lodge. It would be REALLY nice to see an NZEB building there when this is finished. I can only hope that the condos/townhomes/whatever else they will put up will be constructed with energy conservation in mind.

Does the State of VT have an energy code like NH does?
Live free or die?
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

daytripper wrote:
Big Bob wrote:
killyfan wrote:
brownman wrote:
Thank you Jean Claude.

Live free or die?
NH doesn't want you spending all your money on heat. They want you to buy scratch tickets and booze on the interstate highways. You also need money to register your sleds and ATV's and buy hunting and fishing licenses. It is in your best interest I can assure you!
Killyfan would approve, I am sure of that also.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Big Bob wrote:
daytripper wrote:
Big Bob wrote:
killyfan wrote:
brownman wrote:
Thank you Jean Claude.

Live free or die?
NH doesn't want you spending all your money on heat. They want you to buy scratch tickets and booze on the interstate highways. Or if traveling up 91, just cross the CT River at your favorite places. Exit 5 is mine. You also need money to register your sleds and ATV's and buy hunting and fishing licenses. It is in your best interest I can assure you!
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

Big Bob wrote:NH doesn't want you spending all your money on heat. They want you to buy scratch tickets and booze on the interstate highways. You also need money to register your sleds and ATV's and buy hunting and fishing licenses. It is in your best interest I can assure you!
Approve of an energy code? Or approve of the spending on scratch tickets, booze, sleds, ATV's, animal murdering licenses, etc...?

I'm confused - maybe I need another cup of coffee...
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

killyfan wrote:
Big Bob wrote:NH doesn't want you spending all your money on heat. They want you to buy scratch tickets and booze on the interstate highways. You also need money to register your sleds and ATV's and buy hunting and fishing licenses. It is in your best interest I can assure you!
Approve of an energy code? Or approve of the spending on scratch tickets, booze, sleds, ATV's, animal murdering licenses, etc...?

Substitute "confused" for........painfully sanctimonious and annoying. Yup...thats it...
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

I hope the Bear Lodge Renovation will include rest rooms on the level so that you don't have to do all those stairs in ski boots!
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Atomic1 wrote:I hope the Bear Lodge Renovation will include rest rooms on the level so that you don't have to do all those stairs in ski boots!
Add a cell tower also! :P
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

+100 :like
Forever .. Goat Path
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

at BMMC my Verizon was 4 bars. Did they do something?
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Bumper

Post by 180 »

SkiDork wrote:at BMMC my Verizon was 4 bars. Did they do something?
yes greatly improved
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

SkiDork wrote:at BMMC my Verizon was 4 bars. Did they do something?
Yes, they did. Upstairs on the front wall is a Verizon booster mounted above the windows. I can now carry a call down to Rt 4 without dropping it! Also, if your phone has WIFI capability , allow that to be used by going into settings.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:
killyfan wrote:

Substitute "confused" for........painfully sanctimonious and annoying. Yup...thats it...
Waaait a minute... I get sh*t on for making fun of myself too? WTF? I truly did not understand Big Bob's paragraph - and was honestly a tad bit brain dead at that moment due to the cat waking us up at 2:30am with the "let's bring a live mouse into the bedroom" game, and just wanted him to clarify his position. So I poke fun at my own lack of brain power that morning and Yiddle still doesn't like it. Hmmm....
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

killyfan wrote:
yiddle on da fiddle wrote:
killyfan wrote:

Waaait a minute... I get sh*t on for making fun of myself too? WTF? I truly did not understand Big Bob's paragraph - and was honestly a tad bit brain dead at that moment due to the cat waking us up at 2:30am with the "let's bring a live mouse into the bedroom" game, and just wanted him to clarify his position. So I poke fun at my own lack of brain power that morning and Yiddle still doesn't like it. Hmmm....
I agree that some pussy in the bedroom can affect sleep. Never realized that women can suffer from lack of blood flow to the big head also.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.