tuesday 4/11/2017

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday 4/11/2017

Post by skiadikt »

help i'm melting ........... and so is the mtn. can feel it shrinking under my skis. nats going fast. get them while you can. another beautiful sunstroke type day. we are not worthy. yes we are ... in the morning, trails like upper needles & vertigo were uber soft and you wanted to follow someone's tracks. conditions were perfect on old bitter. rotd goes to downdraft which has probably the best bumps on the hill. bumps on double dip maturing nicely. pretty good on middle o as well. lower o is now developing a choke point. north star's coverage is still pretty decent. the north ridge bumps were a guilty pleasure with p-line being my fave. escapade nice soft lines, crashcade had nice gs piles/bumps. oh & that's right, ty "made" me do catwalk which skied well. kudos for getting her skis up there one-handed.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: tuesday 4/11/2017

Post by madhatter »

skiadikt wrote:help i'm melting ........... and so is the mtn. can feel it shrinking under my skis. nats going fast. get them while you can. another beautiful sunstroke type day. we are not worthy. yes we are ... in the morning, trails like upper needles & vertigo were uber soft and you wanted to follow someone's tracks. conditions were perfect on old bitter. rotd goes to downdraft which has probably the best bumps on the hill. bumps on double dip maturing nicely. pretty good on middle o as well. lower o is now developing a choke point. north star's coverage is still pretty decent. the north ridge bumps were a guilty pleasure with p-line being my fave. oh & that's right, ty "made" me do catwalk which skied well. kudos for getting her skis up there one-handed.
downdraft definitely has some nice lines on it...now the fat track, side slipping, power wedge crowd has largely abandoned the mountain for greener pastures we'll start seeing some nice lines form in a short amount of time, vs the erratic stop bumps we see all winter...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

skiadikt wrote:help i'm melting ........... and so is the mtn. can feel it shrinking under my skis. nats going fast. get them while you can. another beautiful sunstroke type day. we are not worthy. yes we are ... in the morning, trails like upper needles & vertigo were uber soft and you wanted to follow someone's tracks. conditions were perfect on old bitter. rotd goes to downdraft which has probably the best bumps on the hill. bumps on double dip maturing nicely. pretty good on middle o as well. lower o is now developing a choke point. north star's coverage is still pretty decent. the north ridge bumps were a guilty pleasure with p-line being my fave. oh & that's right, ty "made" me do catwalk which skied well. kudos for getting her skis up there one-handed.
Skiadikt, I am thanking you again for hiking up with me and skiing it. It had good coverage all the way down. I started my day skiing the Stash up to the Snowshed crossover. From there we skied most of the Needles runs including a very sticky Vertigo. In the Superstar area, our favorite was lower Skylark although old bitter was very good too. As Skiadikt said there were nice moguls on middle O and I thought what was left on lower O skied well. Escapade was a favorite. Also really liked North Ridge and Powerline so we skied them more than once since the triple was running. Enjoyed Downdraft and Northstar too.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Cat walk to downdraft was rotd for me. Ovation top to bottom was a close second. Love that trail. Great day.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Downdraft has ruled the last few days. Especially the steeps of lower. Also it scares the herbs so they are absent or never come back! Bonus! I started poaching it with a few guys while ski patrol was pondering closing it and reopening it Sunday am. First the patroller closed it as I began skiing it and when I saw him at the bottom after he skied it he said he would reopen it.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Best triple fall line water bar trail on the resort
Please leave some for us absent lamos.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Yes indeed, another great day out there. r*in held off to the second beer. Canyon skied nice though unlike Monday, the CQ did not run.

Ovation from Highline, looks in worse shape than it is, but going fast.

Ovation from the bottom. Skied so nice, I skied it twice.

Powerline II, still plenty of snow in there. Skied so nice, I skied it thrice.

Went into the Peak Lodge late afternoon and the TV claimed it was 78 degrees. For the most part, the snow seemed less sticky than yesterday. Sure is nice to have more than just SS to ski - at least for the moment.