Wed 4/12

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

icedtea
Guru Poster

Wed 4/12

Post by icedtea »

Finally soften up at copper!
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
icedtea
Guru Poster

Re: Wed 4/12

Post by icedtea »

Sierra lift goods
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Empty
Peter Tosh
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

back on the home front …

a ski day can have a number of chapters. got out 1-ish and chapter one was just not very inspiring. overcast and moon-like on the unskied sections. turning the page to chapter two, ovation was a different world. high-speed gs bumps on middle and soft corn bumps on the headwall. segued that into pres' pitch where the bumps are getting skied in nicely. struck gold on rotd old supe. betty crocker couldn't whip up any creamier mashed potato bumps than what were being served there. prospecting for more gold, found it on lower vertigo. maybe a tad stickier but sweet as well. second helpings on all. old bittersweet was sweet as well. welcomed back the big yellow orb the last hour. was pretty much gonna close the book after chapter one, glad i didn't. never made it upstairs - didn't need to.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Got out around 11 and thought the r*in had stopped but we did get some showers for about an hour. The peak was fogged in at that time and the Canyon quad was not running so we went over to North Ridge and did those runs. North Ridge still doable but not as pleasant as yesterday. There is melting going on everywhere so we will see what we have left after this week. Skiadikt sounds like you found the goods after I left you to get a late lunch (Jerk closed early and so did the Peak food court - ended up having some good bar food). I enjoyed Escapade, Cascade and Downdraft - both times we also skied skied the Cascade and Downdraft headwalls. The Snow Princess tried one of the upper elevation tree runs but said it was terrible due to lack of snow and lots of tree parts and stumps showing. Except for the lack of visibility and r*in at times, it was not too bad a ski day.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

tyrolean_skier wrote:Got out around 11 and thought the r*in had stopped but we did get some showers for about an hour. The peak was fogged in at that time and the Canyon quad was not running so we went over to North Ridge and did those runs. North Ridge still doable but not as pleasant as yesterday. There is melting going on everywhere so we will see what we have left after this week. Skiadikt sounds like you found the goods after I left you to get a late lunch (Jerk closed early and so did the Peak food court - ended up having some good bar food). I enjoyed Escapade, Cascade and Downdraft - both times we also skied skied the Cascade and Downdraft headwalls. The Snow Princess tried one of the upper elevation tree runs but said it was terrible due to lack of snow and lots of tree parts and stumps showing. Except for the lack of visibility and r*in at times, it was not too bad a ski day.
think the trees are done except for the most hardy.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Didn't ski, but took a look late afternoon. Ovation, Double Dipper, Great Bear and Northstar were visible and looking like they won't make it to the weekend.
reganized
Green Skidder

Post by reganized »

Are you able to ski Vertigo even though its marked closed? I assume there is lift access?
SKi Bike Rally Fish and Party
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

reganized wrote:Are you able to ski Vertigo even though its marked closed? I assume there is lift access?
it was open yesterday from snowshed crossover. entrance dicey but plenty of snow on the trail. probably closed today because until things soften, if it ain't groomed, you ain't skiing it. waiting for some sun before heading out but don't expect much softening on the ungroomed..