thursday 4/13/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

thursday 4/13/17 report

Post by skiadikt »

the sun took her sweet ass time showing her face but once she did, provided a very pleasant ending to the ski day. got out shortly after noon. pretty much a if it wasn't groomed, you couldn't ski it day. everything skied the same, though i preferred the firmer snow up high. hard to pick a rotd, maybe cascade or maybe ridge run. did jump into the bumps on upper escapade and can't disagree with ski patrol leaving it roped. from the parking lot on the way out, supe actually looked pretty good. tomorrow looking like a winner.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: thursday 4/13/17 report

Post by MrsG »

Sup was probably rotd this morning - could get a much better edge than it looked or sounded from the lift . . . everything else in the Needles/Sup pods - meh . . . should have waited until after noon!! Heard Highline was pretty good this afternoon too!!
Agree, tomorrow will be good!!!
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Eldora backcountry

"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

icedtea wrote:
Love those aspen glades.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Nice pics ..

As has been reported, once the sun arrived at work today, the snow that remains is luscious.
We did find that some roped areas are indeed no longer in play. Lots of air required. :like

Friday's gonna be a beauty !

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I skied everything that was open in the Superstar area and Needles area and I must say I preferred Skylark to Superstar. I also like an ungroomed Low Road. I even enjoyed Skyburst to Northway to Great Eastern. Met up with Skiadikt and skied everything that was open in the Canyon, North Ridge and Snowdon. My favorite run there was North Ridge because it has some nice soft moguls and we skied it twice because it was different from everything else we skied.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

icedtea wrote:Eldora backcountry
Love Eldora . . . Used to live in a cabin right in the old town !
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Cloudy with a chilly start right out of the gate. Solid groomed concrete on the top of Cascade required some diamond edged cutting tools just to hold on. We wimped out electing to stay safe on Great Northern. Headed for the early softer turns on Needles Eye. Looped back to the K1 to grab our late arriving Birthday Girl then ran a lap on the old Snowshed Crossover were the tunnels are planned. Peak Bar was empty for our stop at noon for cake and liquid refreshment. Cascade had warmed as a friend nabbed some great video from the Gondola. Soft creamy turns found on Skyeburst required two chairlift rides to repeat. Pushed around the Afternoon slush and mush that had lost morning frozen sugar feel.

Grade - Spring variable improving later day.

Quote of the Day - The terrain doesn’t make the skier, the skier defines the skier.
Attachments
Lower Bunny
Lower Bunny
IMG_3407.jpg (67.05 KiB) Viewed 390 times
Snowshed Crossover
Snowshed Crossover
IMG_3422.jpg (75.33 KiB) Viewed 390 times
Preston’s Pitch
Preston’s Pitch
IMG_3434.jpg (82.09 KiB) Viewed 390 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.