Friday 4/14/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Friday 4/14/17 report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

It was a beautiful day to be skiing - blue skies and it warmed up enough to be comfortable in lighter gear. Groomed runs were softer this morning. Needles warmed up first so spent some time there. Once again Skylark was my favorite in the Superstar area. Enjoyed skiing newly opened Double Dipper and Escapade. North Ridge was still a favorite. The Snowdon runs also were pretty good. Cascade and East Fall skied OK. The two headwalls at the peak were skiable too. I didn't have time to sample Downdraft but was told it skied very nicely. Canyon Quad was not running making each run in the Canyon much longer. Saw GIS so hopefully he will eventually make a nice report.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Friday 4/14/17 report

Post by skiadikt »

the hits keep coming … just another beauty. skied the 11-3 shift. today was about timing. rotd of the morning (for us) was lower vertigo where the bumps softened nicely. marked some time in the north ridge waiting for the bump party on downdraft. escapade sweet as well. mid ovation another on the hit list. bumps on the lower supe tower line are monsters.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Morning sun quickly had the temps headed up as the snow got soft. Cascade was still a tad on the firm side out of the gate with a creamy East Fall being the better choice. Knocked off an Highline on our way over to the Superstar Chair. Main Needles slope is holding up very nicely. Congregated at the Peak Lodge for the 100 day photo as our dear friend joined the club. Headed over for Northstar descent as the natural trails are melting quickly. Steep bumps ruled the afternoon fun with tons soft thick corn to push around.

Spring Corn Grade B+

Quote of the Day - A beautiful spring ski day is one of life's many little pleasures.
Attachments
Highline.JPG
Highline.JPG (116.77 KiB) Viewed 711 times
100 Club.JPG
100 Club.JPG (88.18 KiB) Viewed 711 times
Bump bashing.JPG
Bump bashing.JPG (132.66 KiB) Viewed 711 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Beautiful day at Winter Park, everything soft and still deep off Panoramic and Maryjane

"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

GIS, only a B+ yesterday? Other than the Canyon quad not running, and a few rocks on lower Ovation, I'd rate Friday as another (in the long list of them this season) A+ day!
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

DES wrote:GIS, only a B+ yesterday? Other than the Canyon quad not running, and a few rocks on lower Ovation, I'd rate Friday as another (in the long list of them this season) A+ day!
Pretty tough to grade spring conditions with A being better grade for yesterday. Always searching for the perfect corn day to save an A+ for. You are spot on with Lower O as the choke spot had too may rocks to risk running my Renouns thru any more this year.

Love that last picture from my report on Middle O with Ozzy demonstrating proper bumping style as Mr Moose observes.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Happy Easter! Fair enough...just that around 1:00 on Friday I had realized I wouldn't of traded that ski day for anything else (even a 2ft powder day), which surprised even myself! I had assumed it was going to get slushy early, and when it didn't I felt it was a day that couldn't be beat...and since I still had some nice woods/chutes that were still in play, I'm guessing you didn't stay on trails all day either whenever you wanted a shaded run.