What up with the intense Trooper presence?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skilab
Blue Chatterbox

Post by skilab »

Does anyone know what triggered the massive increase in Troopers trolling the access road and route 4 the past couple weeks? Possibly in response to the fatal crash on Tanglewood? I have had 3 people tell me about the stalking of bar parking lots going on. Word on the street is there have been almost 20 DUIs in town the past 2 weeks although i could not verify that on the VSP website. I do not advocate drunk driving at all but its gotten to the point where its scary to have 2 or 3 beers and drive home which i guess is the point.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Re: What up with the intense Trooper presence?

Post by Stormchaser »

skilab wrote:Does anyone know what triggered the massive increase in Troopers trolling the access road and route 4 the past couple weeks? Possibly in response to the fatal crash on Tanglewood? I have had 3 people tell me about the stalking of bar parking lots going on. Word on the street is there have been almost 20 DUIs in town the past 2 weeks although i could not verify that on the VSP website. I do not advocate drunk driving at all but its gotten to the point where its scary to have 2 or 3 beers and drive home which i guess is the point.
Had to head home early a couple weekends back and took off late Saturday night around 10:30 pm. Found 8 state police vehicles in Ludlow doing speed traps at 3 separate locations, and 3 more headed north towards K on Rt 100. Be careful driving folks...
ImageImageImageImage
skilab
Blue Chatterbox

Post by skilab »

Yes, its crazy. I was pulled over in front of the pasta pot last week for doing 60 in a 50. The Trooper was very nice and gave me a warning. Saturday night i was driving home after 10 and witt popped out behind me off west hill while a trooper had someone out of a car in peppinos parking lot. He tailed.me all the way to welcome center before making a U turn. Guess i did everything right.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Severe revenue enhancement.......I love the cops - but hate it when they treat them like toll takers. It all comes from orders above
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

K is regarded as the Gold Coast...as for Whit?...a fine fine fella...nothing but the utmost respect for him.....the Staties/Gestapo?...far less. WAY the phuk less. Once again: never..EVER blow at a DUI request. Always...ALWAYS be respectful...and dead silent. Window ONE INCH down....do not speak face to face. "Sir"....I noticed you didnt signal leaving that parking lot". FYI...the rules of the road....apply to THE ROAD.......you ,however...just left PRIVATE PROPERTY.... Rules of the Road....dont apply. Yes....they already know this ...as well you should TOO.
Attachments
roadsign.jpg
roadsign.jpg (65.85 KiB) Viewed 1946 times
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:K is regarded as the Gold Coast...as for Whit?...a fine fine fella...nothing but the utmost respect for him.....the Staties/Gestapo?...far less. WAY the phuk less. Once again: never..EVER blow at a DUI request. Always...ALWAYS be respectful...and dead silent. Window ONE INCH down....do not speak face to face. "Sir"....I noticed you didnt signal leaving that parking lot". FYI...the rules of the road....apply to THE ROAD.......you ,however...just left PRIVATE PROPERTY.... Rules of the Road....dont apply. Yes....they already know this ...as well you should TOO.
Not sure about VT but refusal to blow in NJ can be more severe than blowing into the machine.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

icedtea wrote:
yiddle on da fiddle wrote:K is regarded as the Gold Coast...as for Whit?...a fine fine fella...nothing but the utmost respect for him.....the Staties/Gestapo?...far less. WAY the phuk less. Once again: never..EVER blow at a DUI request. Always...ALWAYS be respectful...and dead silent. Window ONE INCH down....do not speak face to face. "Sir"....I noticed you didnt signal leaving that parking lot". FYI...the rules of the road....apply to THE ROAD.......you ,however...just left PRIVATE PROPERTY.... Rules of the Road....dont apply. Yes....they already know this ...as well you should TOO.
Not sure about VT but refusal to blow in NJ can be more severe than blowing into the machine.
Correct....you're not sure.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

BMMC Saturday evening, along the stretch from Gondola base to River Rd. we saw 6 cruisers, 2 of them with 4 cars pulled aside. Finger to nose was going on. Never seen such a show of force there. Must've been a lucrative exercise.

They like using all their instrumentation, with the exception of their sidearm.
Have heard a Trooper say as much.

Everyone of them are prolly nicer than that Bridgewater Sheriff. :dislike

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:
icedtea wrote:
Correct....you're not sure.
http://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/du ... ermont.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Longer suspension for a refusal. Also easier to attack the reliability of the machine than attack a refusal.

In NJ you do not need to do the field sobriety tests which will make it more difficult for the State to prove a DUI based on observation.
Last edited by icedtea on Apr 18th, '17, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Uber at Killington is working very well so far.

They even have their own pick up/ drop off spot at the Pickle.
Where is Happy Hour ?
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

RustyK wrote:Uber at Killington is working very well so far.

How'd Summit County treat ya?
Peter Tosh
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

I can't say I've seen the increased presence but it makes sense, the access road has been unpatrolled for quite a while now and the speeds have gotten pretty high
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

My rule of thumb that I tell everyone..if the speed limit is 50 you can safely do 59 60 w/o fear of being pulled over. If the speed limit is anything else you better not be even 1 mph over it...plus with the frequency we regulars drive up here, you should know exactly where the cops are stationed.....
ejrides
Black Carver

Post by ejrides »

SkiDork wrote:I can't say I've seen the increased presence but it makes sense, the access road has been unpatrolled for quite a while now and the speeds have gotten pretty high
Got to agree with that - turning left out of Innsbruck has gotten scary from the speed of traffic coming up the hill.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

icedtea wrote:
RustyK wrote:Uber at Killington is working very well so far.

How'd Summit County treat ya?
Really good! Sorry we missed you guys...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42874" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where is Happy Hour ?