What up with the intense Trooper presence?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: What up with the intense Trooper presence?

Post by Guy in Shorts »

SkiDork wrote:I can't say I've seen the increased presence but it makes sense, the access road has been unpatrolled for quite a while now and the speeds have gotten pretty high
Killington police must be reading the Kzone as he was shooting radar yesterday afternoon just after 2PM. Was set-up in the pull off just above the Upper Glazebrook entrance. The 37-38 MPH I was doing at the time allowed safe passage.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
SkiDork wrote:I can't say I've seen the increased presence but it makes sense, the access road has been unpatrolled for quite a while now and the speeds have gotten pretty high
Killington police must be reading the Kzone as he was shooting radar yesterday afternoon just after 2PM. Was set-up in the pull off just above the Upper Glazebrook entrance. The 37-38 MPH I was doing at the time allowed safe passage.
yep don't speed...troopers have been up and down 100 & 107 a lot lately too...your tax dollars at work to confiscate your post tax dollars too...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

madhatter wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:
yep don't speed...troopers have been up and down 100 & 107 a lot lately too...your tax dollars at work to confiscate your post tax dollars too...
I've been here for 2 hours and seen the K Cop twice and 2 different troopers on 4 after the Gondi - who turned on the heat!!!!!!!!!!
skilab
Blue Chatterbox

Post by skilab »

Post 4:20 4/20 enforcement
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

ejrides wrote:
Got to agree with that - turning left out of Innsbruck has gotten scary from the speed of traffic coming up the hill.
OK .. we'll slow down ascending the hill there. :oops:
Usually can get by 6 pumpkin plates in that section.

:mrgreen:
Forever .. Goat Path
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Dickheads

Steamboat1 out
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

skilab wrote:Post 4:20 4/20 enforcement
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

In general - it seems to me that spring skiing in Killington encourages more than normal winter amounts of DAYTIME alcohol use and use of other substances that can impair reflex reactions. Plus the roads are clean and dry, so speeds naturally pick up too. Therefore the opperkay are more than happy to cash in on our festivities celebrating the return of the sun. Makes sense from their viewpoint, but annoys the rest of us "non-cops." Just use common sense and be careful and you'll be all good.

That being said Whit did not pull me over today for doing 45 on the access road at 5pm. He (or maybe it was the other Killy PO) was hiding near The Garlic. Thanks for the pass Whit! I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

killyfan wrote:In general - it seems to me that spring skiing in Killington encourages more than normal winter amounts of DAYTIME alcohol use and use of other substances that can impair reflex reactions. Plus the roads are clean and dry, so speeds naturally pick up too. Therefore the opperkay are more than happy to cash in on our festivities celebrating the return of the sun. Makes sense from their viewpoint, but annoys the rest of us "non-cops." Just use common sense and be careful and you'll be all good.

That being said Whit did not pull me over today for doing 45 on the access road at 5pm. He (or maybe it was the other Killy PO) was hiding near The Garlic. Thanks for the pass Whit! I appreciate it!

Nice job! You rag on my spelling and grammar. Cops read this. Try speeding down the access road on a snow day. When you're dragging over 100 thousand pounds slipping trying to not take out cars. It will teach you respect. Thanks for not idling. The fact that you speed doesn't make you cool. It makes you stupid.

Ahole dragging a low bed out! (Stay the F out of my way) Enjoy the sounds of my Jake brake!
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

killyfan wrote:In general - it seems to me that spring skiing in Killington encourages more than normal winter amounts of DAYTIME alcohol use and use of other substances that can impair reflex reactions. Plus the roads are clean and dry, so speeds naturally pick up too. Therefore the opperkay are more than happy to cash in on our festivities celebrating the return of the sun. Makes sense from their viewpoint, but annoys the rest of us "non-cops." Just use common sense and be careful and you'll be all good.

Can you just post a pic of your almost 50/yr old fabulous ski ass that you claim to have? And a pic of your rack as well.

Clearly doubting your claims, out.
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

ANGUS wrote:

Nice job! You rag on my spelling and grammar. Cops read this. Try speeding down the access road on a snow day. When you're dragging over 100 thousand pounds slipping trying to not take out cars. It will teach you respect. Thanks for not idling. The fact that you speed doesn't make you cool. It makes you stupid.

Ahole dragging a low bed out! (Stay the F out of my way) Enjoy the sounds of my Jake brake!
Hello again Angry ANGUS. Yes, I was speeding - I was going "downhill" in my very heavy car with my foot off the gas temporarily getting 99.9mpg according to my dashboard readout. And the cops already know that people drink more on the hill during the daytime in the spring - I didn't enlighten them to this fact. Do you think they are stupid too? I'm so glad for you that you are happy with your big rig. Like I said before, my father drove big rigs for 35 years. I have the utmost respect for NICE people who drive them, and drive them well. I know many such men and one woman. You - I have no respect for, not because I have an opinion on your driving skills (which I have never observed) but because you are such a miserable human being.

---
"Synchronicity is an ever present reality for those that have the eyes to see." ~Carl Jung
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
filejw
Green Skidder

Post by filejw »

Can't wait to buy a driver-less car and sit in back with a cold one.... :lol:
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Below is a link to a page with an imbedded youtube video on people with diametrically opposed views meeting first devoid of those views, and then being confronted with them. (I can't imbed the video here as Youtube has deemed it potentially offensive, which is laughable)

https://www.fastcompany.com/40412848/he ... -jenner-ad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's worth the 4 minute view time. Spoiler: Beer can solve the world's problems.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
Yes, this board is read by K police and lots of others whose interest in our discourse might surprise.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
Well known fact that the selectmen have been after the police to generate more revenue via speeding tickets for a few years.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.