What up with the intense Trooper presence?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Troughsmasher
Beginner On Rentals

Re: What up with the intense Trooper presence?

Post by Troughsmasher »

Maybe they can reduce the speed limit at key points on the access road to 25mph and clean up like those other little podunk towns in the surrounding areas.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Mister Moose wrote:Below is a link to a page with an imbedded youtube video on people with diametrically opposed views meeting first devoid of those views, and then being confronted with them. (I can't imbed the video here as Youtube has deemed it potentially offensive, which is laughable)

https://www.fastcompany.com/40412848/he ... -jenner-ad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's worth the 4 minute view time. Spoiler: Beer can solve the world's problems.
Well done commercial, Heiny.... Dis would be proud. . Was making the point that moose said in a much better fashion than the Pepsi commercial trying to make the same point
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

shortski wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:Below is a link to a page with an imbedded youtube video on people with diametrically opposed views meeting first devoid of those views, and then being confronted with them. (I can't imbed the video here as Youtube has deemed it potentially offensive, which is laughable)

https://www.fastcompany.com/40412848/he ... -jenner-ad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's worth the 4 minute view time. Spoiler: Beer can solve the world's problems.
Well done commercial, Heiny.... Dis would be proud. . Was making the point that moose said in a much better fashion than the Pepsi commercial trying to make the same point
Great commercial - and yes, I agree - a simple beer can help solve a lot of problems. If ANGUS and Humpty would agree to show, then of course I would be there too.
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Saw a trooper parked behind (forget which building) on left side of access road going downhill about one mile from East Mountain Road at about 5:10 pm - just an fyi! This thread may have helped us as we pick up speed going down that hill, and tend not to want to support whomever has the break business :mrgreen: Be safe out there - we tend to imbibe at Bay 1s, but stay in and live across from mountain. No Bay 1 today for us, so going out safe :wink:
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

The local cop was hanging out by the Surefoot area when I was driving up the access road tonight. Luckily I had set my cruise control to 35.
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

killyfan wrote:
shortski wrote:

Great commercial - and yes, I agree - a simple beer can help solve a lot of problems. If ANGUS and Humpty would agree to show, then of course I would be there too.
Some of us can't be there all the time. I'd just like to to see a couple of photos of your narcissistic claim. As I'm sure many KZoners would. Need to see this almost 50 great skiing ass. And your rack as well..
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Free the Dis!
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:
killyfan wrote:
shortski wrote:

Some of us can't be there all the time. I'd just like to to see a couple of photos of your narcissistic claim. As I'm sure many KZoners would. Need to see this almost 50 great skiing ass. And your rack as well..
Get in touch when you are here next and we'll meet and have a beer. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Photos of me will not happen. I understand from others that you like to remain anonymous. Don't worry, I won't take photos of you and post them online as long as you promise to not do the same re me.
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Police presence has been in reaction to the fatal accident on Tanglewood and a few other incidents.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

killyfan wrote:
Humpty Dumpty wrote:
killyfan wrote:
shortski wrote:

Get in touch when you are here next and we'll meet and have a beer. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Photos of me will not happen. I understand from others that you like to remain anonymous. Don't worry, I won't take photos of you and post them online as long as you promise to not do the same re me.
Yeah,like that's going to happen. Butt when someone claims to have such a fabulous body, pictures should be posted.
skilab
Blue Chatterbox

Post by skilab »

So I've had a couple of hours to burn waiting for my car to be serviced and decided to scan the VSP press releases for killington DUIs. There have been 14 reported DUIs on the access road since March 10. All but 1 start with pulled over for "observed traffic violations". The other was called in by someone in the parking lot. A few had violations observed on the access road and were pulled over on roaring brook road. Most occurred between 10 and 12 at night. There you have it.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

....to quote a ski buddy........ "why do they bust OUR balls?.....cause in Rut Vegas?...they'd get shot at....."
pepperdawg
Black Carver

Post by pepperdawg »

icedtea wrote: Free the Dis!

Thanks for coverin.....

Free da Dis dammit!!!

Shout out to yiddle too....
-Woof
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:....to quote a ski buddy........ "why do they bust OUR balls?.....cause in Rut Vegas?...they'd get shot at....."
Can you please post specific instances when officers were shot at.

Or is this just more babble.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Troughsmasher
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Troughsmasher »

There are no speed traps in Rock Vegas. It is hard to hide when your policeman mobile is a dinosaur.