lifts this weekend

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Re: lifts this weekend

Post by ANGUS »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
ANGUS wrote:Displeased with the poma operating schedule as of late. I guess its time to pony up. Get on the KMS board. They cater to those privileged little bastards. I hate to send my child there and have her end up like those snotty pricks. Kms people can be just plain rude! Oh my apoligies to k zoners I've offended with this statement. Keep your little bastards in line and teach them manners.
No need to apologize as the Killington Zone is a commercial free chat room hosted for free by Bubba, Shortski and Dork and not affiliated with Killington Mountain School.

Killington Mountain School (KMS) is a Vermont Independent private school covering grades 6-12 with about 90 student athletes. I have interacted daily with these hard training students over the years and have nothing but the highest respect.

Killington Ski Club (KSC) is a private membership club that have their own building were members can store equipment, boot up, eat lunch and socialize away from the general Killington skiing public.

Pretty much sums up my knowledge on the subject so maybe you can educate me. Is it KMS or KSC that has a board that has input into lift operation? It appears that you member and are upset that some of your fellow privileged members are rude and raising children devoid of manners. Why you are making the choice to expose your daughter to a social environment where she may end up as a "snotty prick"?
Just curious.
No problem with you MR GIS. (much respect for your accomplishments) No problem with the ski club. My beef is how the mountain only runs lifts when its convenient for KMS. The mid station on the triple is another whole separate issue. I have no problem with KMS training and closing trails for safety reasons. My grievance is about the POMA operating schedule as of late. KMS is run by a board of trustees. Mike S. sits on that board I believe. So I can see how they have preferential treatment.
180 wrote:So Angus, I have no idea who you are, but I am sure we have crossed paths. There will be several KMS bumpers out this weekend, why don't you introduce yourself and see how they behave. I will be with them, red pants, blue jacket. My experience is that poorly mannered kids come from anywhere. Its their parents fault,,,,

Also, KMS and KSC are separate organizations with mutual responsibilities on and off the hill. Feel free to engage and help.
180 Not all of them are that way. Bad generalization on my part. The few not nice encounters I've had with staff and students are not an everyday thing. They just stick out and have helped me to form that impression of the school.

It would be nice If they ran POMA more.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

ANGUS wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:
ANGUS wrote:Displeased with the poma operating schedule as of late. I guess its time to pony up. Get on the KMS board. They cater to those privileged little bastards. I hate to send my child there and have her end up like those snotty pricks. Kms people can be just plain rude! Oh my apoligies to k zoners I've offended with this statement. Keep your little bastards in line and teach them manners.
No need to apologize as the Killington Zone is a commercial free chat room hosted for free by Bubba, Shortski and Dork and not affiliated with Killington Mountain School.

Killington Mountain School (KMS) is a Vermont Independent private school covering grades 6-12 with about 90 student athletes. I have interacted daily with these hard training students over the years and have nothing but the highest respect.

Killington Ski Club (KSC) is a private membership club that have their own building were members can store equipment, boot up, eat lunch and socialize away from the general Killington skiing public.

Pretty much sums up my knowledge on the subject so maybe you can educate me. Is it KMS or KSC that has a board that has input into lift operation? It appears that you member and are upset that some of your fellow privileged members are rude and raising children devoid of manners. Why you are making the choice to expose your daughter to a social environment where she may end up as a "snotty prick"?
Just curious.
No problem with you MR GIS. (much respect for your accomplishments) No problem with the ski club. My beef is how the mountain only runs lifts when its convenient for KMS. The mid station on the triple is another whole separate issue. I have no problem with KMS training and closing trails for safety reasons. My grievance is about the POMA operating schedule as of late. KMS is run by a board of trustees. Mike S. sits on that board I believe. So I can see how they have preferential treatment.
180 wrote:So Angus, I have no idea who you are, but I am sure we have crossed paths. There will be several KMS bumpers out this weekend, why don't you introduce yourself and see how they behave. I will be with them, red pants, blue jacket. My experience is that poorly mannered kids come from anywhere. Its their parents fault,,,,

Also, KMS and KSC are separate organizations with mutual responsibilities on and off the hill. Feel free to engage and help.
180 Not all of them are that way. Bad generalization on my part. The few not nice encounters I've had with staff and students are not an everyday thing. They just stick out and have helped me to form that impression of the school.

I don't know if you rode the poma in the late season but when I did a lot of times it was a long wait waiting for a pole to come down because a lot must have broken and were taken off. I think maybe that is the real reason why it's did not run recently. Hopefully they will get new ones to replace the broken ones for next season.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
ANGUS wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:

Just curious.

I don't know if you rode the poma in the late season but when I did a lot of times it was a long wait waiting for a pole to come down because a lot must have broken and were taken off. I think maybe that is the real reason why it's did not run recently. Hopefully they will get new ones to replace the broken ones for next season.
agree, it may have the poles, mechanical issues or the fact the place has been a ghost town the the couple weeks.
spoiled South American skiin' whore