Green Skidder

lifts this weekend

Post by livia01 »

What 4 lifts are running this weekend?
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: lifts this weekend

Post by MrsG »

Superstar, K1, Canyon and North Ridge . . .

"Although we are pleased to still be skiing and riding from the summits of Killington and Skye peaks this weekend, with service from 4 lifts on Saturday and Sunday, we do have to report that Snowdon and Bear Mountain have now closed for the season. The misty, wet weather of the past week wiped out connector trails between the Bear and K-1 areas, and also melted all of the snow around the Bear Mountain Quad, Snowdon Quad and Snowdon Triple unload areas. The Mouse Run Park is closed now too."
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Bummer, although the Snowdon trails are still listed as open on the trail report. Can you still ski them below great northern?
skixc2
Black Carver

Post by skixc2 »

MrsG wrote:Superstar, K1, Canyon and North Ridge
Do we know this for a fact? It could also be: Superstar, K1, Canyon & Snowden Poma?
Raise 'Em Jay
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

skixc2 wrote:
Do we know this for a fact? It could also be: Superstar, K1, Canyon & Snowden Poma?
fact. from the drift:

"This weekend we plan to ski and ride on Killington and Skye peaks, with lift service from the K-1 Express Gondola, Superstar Express Quad, Canyon Quad and North Ridge Triple."

the upper snowdon trails are toast and the poma hasn't run in weeks.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

skiadikt wrote:
skixc2 wrote:
fact. from the drift:

"This weekend we plan to ski and ride on Killington and Skye peaks, with lift service from the K-1 Express Gondola, Superstar Express Quad, Canyon Quad and North Ridge Triple."

the upper snowdon trails are toast and the poma hasn't run in weeks.
They didn't run the poma or the quad 3 weeks ago Saturday when we got almost 2 feet of snow and all the trails and trees on Snowdon were in great shape.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Displeased with the poma operating schedule as of late. I guess its time to pony up. Get on the KMS board. They cater to those privileged little bastards. I'd hate to send my child there and have her end up like those snotty pricks. Kms people can be just plain rude! Oh my apologies to k zoners I've offended with this statement. Keep your little bastards in line and teach them manners.
Last edited by ANGUS on Apr 22nd, '17, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.
snow4all
Blue Chatterbox

Post by snow4all »

They will need to get some snow in place for the Canyon quad, on ramp was totally void of snow.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Could be the last lift served K Peak weekend. Don't miss Sunday!
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

GSKI wrote:Could be the last lift served K Peak weekend. Don't miss Sunday!
It will be - was up there at 4pm today - not much left on the run out - and walking will be required by the end of Sunday.......River running hard under East Flop.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Sunday will be the last K1, so I heard from the lifty . . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Was great while it lasted. :like
Better bring out the roasting fork on Sunday .. :sad:

Whitewater descents are in full swing. Flotillas galore. :like
Best sustained flow on the White River in several years.
.. no problems with lift access.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

ANGUS wrote:Displeased with the poma operating schedule as of late. I guess its time to pony up. Get on the KMS board. They cater to those privileged little bastards. I hate to send my child there and have her end up like those snotty pricks. Kms people can be just plain rude! Oh my apoligies to k zoners I've offended with this statement. Keep your little bastards in line and teach them manners.
No need to apologize as the Killington Zone is a commercial free chat room hosted for free by Bubba, Shortski and Dork and not affiliated with Killington Mountain School.

Killington Mountain School (KMS) is a Vermont Independent private school covering grades 6-12 with about 90 student athletes. I have interacted daily with these hard training students over the years and have nothing but the highest respect.

Killington Ski Club (KSC) is a private membership club that have their own building were members can store equipment, boot up, eat lunch and socialize away from the general Killington skiing public.

Pretty much sums up my knowledge on the subject so maybe you can educate me. Is it KMS or KSC that has a board that has input into lift operation? It appears that you member and are upset that some of your fellow privileged members are rude and raising children devoid of manners. Why you are making the choice to expose your daughter to a social environment where she may end up as a "snotty prick"?
Just curious.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Bumper

Post by 180 »

So Angus, I have no idea who you are, but I am sure we have crossed paths. There will be several KMS bumpers out this weekend, why don't you introduce yourself and see how they behave. I will be with them, red pants, blue jacket. My experience is that poorly mannered kids come from anywhere. Its their parents fault,,,,

Also, KMS and KSC are separate organizations with mutual responsibilities on and off the hill. Feel free to engage and help.
free2skiinVT
Beginner On Rentals

Post by free2skiinVT »

Regarding generalizations about "privileged kids," in my experience, this type of talk is associated with envy.

Too bad the season dwindled so rapidly, but it was a great season overall. Still a bit left for the die-hards to enjoy some nice sunny weekends on Superstar.