Its official- K1 Done after tmrw. Get some!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

GSKI
Powderhound

Its official- K1 Done after tmrw. Get some!

Post by GSKI »

Be sure to get your final K-1 Gondola laps and Peak Lodge lunch of the winter season on Sunday as the K-1 Gondola will be closed beginning Monday, April 24.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: Its official- K1 Done after tmrw. Get some!

Post by tyrolean_skier »

GSKI wrote:Be sure to get your final K-1 Gondola laps and Peak Lodge lunch of the winter season on Sunday as the K-1 Gondola will be closed beginning Monday, April 24.
Displeased that they are shutting it down when there is still terrain to ski. Definitely will spend most of my time there tomorrow.
Fusion Zoner
Green Skidder

Post by Fusion Zoner »

Boy am I glad that we decided to make our last big family trip from Apr 12-17! There were still something like 96 open trails that weekend (all of EIGHT days ago!). I had no idea that things would consolidate so quickly and to this degree in just a week! Will we be hiking over to Cascade into May like last year? How is the snow in the canyon currently? And I see that middle O is still listed as open, I guess walking via Nivis and Launchpad? And walking back out to SS?
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Cascade still had good depth yesterday, but obviously without the crew pushing snow around, the runout and the flats around the lift will disappear soon...
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Fusion Zoner wrote:Boy am I glad that we decided to make our last big family trip from Apr 12-17! There were still something like 96 open trails that weekend (all of EIGHT days ago!). I had no idea that things would consolidate so quickly and to this degree in just a week! Will we be hiking over to Cascade into May like last year? How is the snow in the canyon currently? And I see that middle O is still listed as open, I guess walking via Nivis and Launchpad? And walking back out to SS?
Nivis only has one small area that is completely without snow. Middle Ovation is closed but those moguls are sweet. You do have to hike out to Superstar though.
skixc2
Black Carver

Post by skixc2 »

Anyone know K's official policy on walking over to ski un-lift-served areas like Cascade is right now?
Raise 'Em Jay
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

skixc2 wrote:Anyone know K's official policy on walking over to ski un-lift-served areas like Cascade is right now?
have at it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....