Saturday 4/22/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Saturday 4/22/17 report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

It was cloudy and chilly at the start. I am told the groomers skied well. I got out a little later and spent my morning skiing North Ridge and the Canyon. My ROTD was middle Downdraft. Escapade was an adventure in some spots but that's to be expected in the spring. East Fall is fading fast. Cascade skied fine too. I didn't get a chance to ski the naturals off North Ridge before the r*in started falling. Great Northern was still skiable and Mouse Trap and lower bunny were in good shape too. Took one run from the top over to Launch Pad and enjoyed the moguls on middle Ovation but that walk out is not fun. Lower Superstar was fun too. Went in to have the passholders lunch and wait out the r*in but decided to call it a day when it wasn't stopping. Of course, when I was leaving the mountain it was dry again.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: Saturday 4/22/17 report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Mostly, a pretty crappy ski day but did get a free lunch and Max Creek was awesome.

I didn't find the trails as good as Ty reported. Probably because they were more 'skied on' and piles of loose crap on top of the frozen cat tracks in most places. Proly better earlier on.

With that said: ROTD was Double Dipper. Good cover except for two small sections that needed to be side slipped down. Should be good today (Sunday) as well.

Almost ROTD was PowerLine. Again, hit it today if you get a chance.

Escapade not bad, and just like Ty reported. Lower Cascade OK. East Fall was pretty dicey with no snow between the mens and ladies tees and a few places on the way down that were undercut and breaking through.

Highline was actually very good. Decent cover and better visibility being lower and further away from the cloudy peak. Did it several times.

Did not get to SS side as I wanted to catch the start of the Max Creek set.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: Saturday 4/22/17 report

Post by RustyK »

Not much vertical that day.

DD was a great run, but got scolded by a patroller.

U bar was the place to be.

Mini skirt that night was good.

One of my ski club friends won the pass.
Attachments
IMG_5524.JPG
IMG_5524.JPG (108.22 KiB) Viewed 233 times