Saturday 5/6/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Saturday 5/6/17 report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

My 100th day started out cloudy, foggy and rainy. Had to take two runs before the scanner worked on my pass. By that time it was pouring so I took a break and went in to get my hat. Sharon decided to give me a new pass as well because the lifties were having trouble scanning my old one. I also got a sticker for my helmet and a new pass holder with the 100 day logo on it. When there was a break in the r*in, I went back out and skied 4 more runs before the r*in started up again. The snow conditions were not great since the r*in that previously fell must have wiped out the soft snow on top. The fog made visibility very low and I chose to ski without my goggles so I could see better. After taking a lunch break (food in KBL, drinks at Umbrella bar), went back out and soon we could see some clearing happening in the distance. Actually skied the last few runs with the sun shining through. I will let the ones who skied later than me give their reports (Mr. Moose, Capt. Hafski, etc.).
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Re: Saturday 5/6/17 report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Late afternoon report. Headed up 2:30 or so intending to get in a legal day [3 runs] before the Luau. Not fantastic but stuck it out for 5 runs. Upper headwall so so, middle SS pretty good [not really a contnuous line though and lower SS not bad. Got better as time went on.

I think we definitely had better weather than thd early birds. Mostly cloudy, some small patches of sun, and no r*in.

ROTD: 35th Luau ! Hope all that came over had a great time.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Captain Hafski wrote:Late afternoon report. Headed up 2:30 or so intending to get in a legal day [3 runs] before the Luau. Not fantastic but stuck it out for 5 runs. Upper headwall so so, middle SS pretty good [not really a contnuous line though and lower SS not bad. Got better as time went on.

I think we definitely had better weather than thd early birds. Mostly cloudy, some small patches of sun, and no r*in.

ROTD: 35th Luau ! Hope all that came over had a great time.
I had a blast as usual. Ate too many wonderful desserts. Chris makes some wicked drinks. Live music was very entertaining. That bonfire was great as usual.
bonfire.jpg
bonfire.jpg (38.89 KiB) Viewed 303 times
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Missed my first luau in over 5 years, damn work thing got in the way!