Sunday 5/7/17 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Sunday 5/7/17 report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Today was a day for skiing between r*in showers and downpours. The moguls were deeper than yesterday and some had large sections of icy stuff in between them depending on the line you took. More people came out in the afternoon probably hoping for a repeat of yesterday but although the sun came out it was accompanied most of the time with showers. We kept looking for the rainbow but never saw one. The GIS tent protected us during those heavy showers. At other times we found ourselves in the U bar waiting for the r*in to cease so we could go back out and ski. Coverage is still very good on Superstar so hopefully we will make it to Memorial Day at least.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: Sunday 5/7/17 report

Post by RustyK »

Congrats to Ty...

Sorry to have missed the Luau..

Try again for next weekend..
Where is Happy Hour ?
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Congrats on 100 (and now also 101) Ty...and way to stick it out yesterday, I left after the 3rd r*in event even though Superstar conditions stayed nice. (I don't regret leaving early, but I did say to the people parked next to me I assumed it would be sunny at 5:00...I'm already looking forward to the lift running again)
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Less than perfect weekend weather tested the will of many as the soul of Killington Spring skiing managed to shine thru for the truly obsessed. An ungroomed Superstar turned softer under skier traffic with the end of the day being the best. One of my favorite Spring Kids to watch was out dragging her dad down Superstar. At 3 and a half she is a trooper skiing the bumps. Enjoyed talking to a ski instructor from Jay Peak who felt humbled after a few laps on our white ribbon of death. Spent shower time huddled under tailgate tarp sampling IPA’s and Stouts. Taking a Headwall Nap is a new phrase coined this weekend meaning you need to take a break halfway down. Enjoyed the end of day mogul lesson camp with friends. Chatted with a 13 year old at the locals tailgate ham dinner who got 20 runs in after he turned on his app at noon. Final two maybe three weekends left to go.

Quote of the Day - Let’s defy aging by drinking from the soft Fountain of Youth called Superstar.
Attachments
Follow the Leader
Follow the Leader
IMG_4064.jpg (62.28 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
Superstar at Three and a Half
Superstar at Three and a Half
IMG_4059.jpg (51.41 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
Mogul line
Mogul line
IMG_4085.jpg (58.38 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
End of Day
End of Day
IMG_4090.jpg (68.87 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Was out from about 11-1, missed most the wetness. Hard and deep!
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

icedtea wrote:Was out from about 11-1, missed most the wetness. Hard and deep!
That's what she said!!
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

daytripper wrote:
icedtea wrote:Was out from about 11-1, missed most the wetness. Hard and deep!
That's what she said!!
:like :banana:
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

The "Superstar at three and a half" picture makes me wonder what the hell mom and dad are thinking. The kid was having 0% fun and put in harm's way just so mom and dad could ski in May.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bumper

Post by 180 »

throbster wrote:The "Superstar at three and a half" picture makes me wonder what the hell mom and dad are thinking. The kid was having 0% fun and put in harm's way just so mom and dad could ski in May.
She looked happy to me. Did quite a few runs
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

We saw someone skiing down carrying what look like a 3 year old.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

throbster wrote:The "Superstar at three and a half" picture makes me wonder what the hell mom and dad are thinking. The kid was having 0% fun and put in harm's way just so mom and dad could ski in May.
Did you see her crying and scared and not having a good time? If so then there is something wrong with those parents, if not then you have no idea what your talking about because you weren't there.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Yeah I was there and yeah she was crying. Her parents had her carry a doll to molify her.

Superstar in May is no place for a toddler or a beginner. Same for Reason in early November. These parents are foolish idiots.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

180 wrote:
She looked happy to me. Did quite a few runs
180 is correct as she kept asking Dad to do another run. This is not her first rodeo as I have some nice pics of her skiing Killington last May when she was 2 and a half. When the pitch on Superstar became too much you could see her slip into the back seat. Dad would pick her up and carry down her to less steep terrain. Skiing with a child this young is serious business and is not recommended. This Dad is an excellent skier and has spent a ton of time teaching his young daughter. Hopefully she will return year after year so I can photograph her progression.

Here she is from last year on Skyelark at 2 and a half years old.
Last year at 2 and a half.jpg
Last year at 2 and a half.jpg (56.55 KiB) Viewed 664 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

That little girl will probably become another Hannah Soar - a ripper. I spoke to her as well and she seemed very willing to go back up on the lift.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

DES wrote:Congrats on 100 (and now also 101) Ty...and way to stick it out yesterday, I left after the 3rd r*in event even though Superstar conditions stayed nice. (I don't regret leaving early, but I did say to the people parked next to me I assumed it would be sunny at 5:00...I'm already looking forward to the lift running again)
Thank you. It feels real good to have skied over 100 days. I go through withdrawl in the summer.