Long Trail Century Ride

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

snow4all
Blue Chatterbox

Long Trail Century Ride

Post by snow4all »

So, how many Zoners participating in this event? Ride? (how far) Volunteer? Just curious as I will be doing this for the first time this year. Figured I'd do the 60 mile loop first time out. Then hang for the :Toast :chill
ejrides
Black Carver

Re: Long Trail Century Ride

Post by ejrides »

snow4all wrote:So, how many Zoners participating in this event? Ride? (how far) Volunteer? Just curious as I will be doing this for the first time this year. Figured I'd do the 60 mile loop first time out. Then hang for the :Toast :chill
I've done the 100 last 2 years. You definitely get more time to hang out and chill at the party if you do the 60 :)
Midwest Skier
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Midwest Skier »

I did it last year and I'm signed up to do it again this year. I'm far more proficient on skis than a bike, so 60 miles is plenty for me. My main reason for getting involved is to support Vermont Adaptive. However, I had a great time last year - both during the ride and at the Long Trail Brewery afterwards.
lifeisgood
Bumper

Post by lifeisgood »

Wife and I did the 60 mile ride 3 years ago and had a blast. It is a great cause, and we raised over $1,000 between the two of us. The ride is well organized and well run. The party afterwards was great. The ride is very scenic, and surprisingly not that hilly. The rest stops are well placed. All in all a great experience - you should enjoy it.
Do what you like.
Like what you do.
snow4all
Blue Chatterbox

Post by snow4all »

Thanks all. Looking forward to the ride and the after party. Was able to get 14 in our team to go so will be a fun time all weekend.
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Lots of people at ride, looks like a big turn out. Also saw a good turn out at the mountain. Any ride reports Went to the Strawberry Festival at Wellwood Orchards with my kids so no riding, ran out of time, they picked the pool instead of late day biking.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

biged wrote:Lots of people at ride, looks like a big turn out. Also saw a good turn out at the mountain. Any ride reports Went to the Strawberry Festival at Wellwood Orchards with my kids so no riding, ran out of time, they picked the pool instead of late day biking.
are they picking cherries yet?
spoiled South American skiin' whore
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Yes, They are picking cherries, I picked two quarts of red cherries. I would suggest going to Hudson Valley for a better selection.