saturday 5/20/17

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

saturday 5/20/17

Post by skiadikt »

looks like they're doing "some" grooming. thought the mtn skied well today (fri) with some lines getting skied in nicely but perhaps with an expected weekend crowd coming up for last licks, they wanna widen a couple possible choke points:

The forecast is calling for temperatures in the 30's tonight so we're going to take advantage of the cooler weather to move snow around in the areas of the head wall and tower 3 of the Superstar Express Quad. So, while you will find evidence of grooming at first chair it will only occur in select sections and not on the entire trail in an effort to preserve the snowpack with our eyes set on June skiing and riding.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: saturday 5/20/17

Post by Mister Moose »

Push the remaining pile over the edge. Why let the flat top burn away more snow.

Tower 3 will be interesting to see what they do.
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Too sharpen or not sharpen?
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

icedtea wrote:Too sharpen or not sharpen?
meh...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

madhatter wrote:
meh...
Definitely no rush this AM...

Hatter Time?!
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

icedtea wrote:
madhatter wrote:
meh...
Definitely no rush this AM...

Hatter Time?!
that's classified info ... :-)
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

hatter time looks to be about 2pm for me today,but it should be good earlier than that...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

as much as i love a good powday, today ranked among the best days of the season. beautiful sunshine & fantastic bumps. 5-10 minute liftlines was kinda cool. the access road was party central. encore tomorrow?
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Great day today .... did the early shift - some challenging moments as it did freeze up overnight, got better with each run .... did stay for the access road partying - fun to meet some new TGR peeps, and to have some of our KZone regulars join in for the sun and fun :mrgreen:
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Got to the mountain midday so I did not see the groomed part as moguls were everywhere when I started skiing. The sunshine was great and the soft moguls were too. The waiting line was quite long and lots of people were skiing today. The umbrella bar was doing a lot of business too. The waiting line did diminish as the afternoon went on so you were able to get more runs in. The partying on the access road was going strong and some parties were still going at 7:30 when I took a ride up to see if I could find something I had left behind at our camp site. Looking forward to more sunshine, skiing and partying tomorrow.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

The walk out, the lift line, and finally a whole day of sunshine.
20170520_131149.jpg
20170520_131149.jpg (212.77 KiB) Viewed 840 times
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Peter Tosh
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

skiadikt wrote:as much as i love a good powday, today ranked among the best days of the season. beautiful sunshine & fantastic bumps. 5-10 minute liftlines was kinda cool. the access road was party central. encore tomorrow?
Well said. Thanks to the Gs for holding down the party fort.

I like a beer that describes the day.

MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Anyone leave a small cooler at the KZone site yesterday . . . we have :wink:

Also, just got a call from the mountain - don't rush - bumps are frozen solid . . . they spoke to an early hiker who just came down recently . . . enjoy that other cup of coffee!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

MrsG wrote:Anyone leave a small cooler at the KZone site yesterday . . . we have :wink:

Also,just got a call from the mountain - don't rush - bumps are frozen solid . . . they spoke to an early hiker who just came down recently . . . enjoy that other cup of coffee!!
I been trying to tell you guys that for years....best runs of the day yesterday were between 4 and 5...smashin' and bashin'...
mach es sehr schnell